Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Young turning to 'cheaper' heroin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Found this on the BBC.

I found it disturbing. Mainly because I find it perfectly feasible. A family friends younger sister also recently started smoking smack, and it was around the time the weed was really really dry...

Could be co-insidence but I don't think so.. still..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6217130.stm

I wish they'd just legalise the fucking weed so we can all have a grow and a smoke and chill get on with things..

Comments

• Options
    That is quite worrying.
    Prehaps it's an omen of things to come if the government don't sort out the law regarding drugs?
  • Options
    There does seem to be a big clamp down on cannabis at the moment (though strangely the government isnt singing about it), but it cant last for long, things will go back to what they used to be soon enough.

As for heroin, well its set to get even cheaper, thanks to our efforts in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    I wouldnt touch Heroin with a barge pole.

How can people see it as a subsidy to weed? Its a completley different thing all together...
  • Options
    i guess it will stop you thinking about wanting to smoke, id like to give it a blast!

but your right, nothing can or will replace weed, its is qthe dogs bollocks
  • Options
    Box wrote:

How can people see it as a subsidy to weed? Its a completley different thing all together...
    I was thinking that at first. Unless one is uneducated of heroin? I think people just want to try it. Or even like many people I know they are tricked and/or not told into it, or peer pressure.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I don't think i would ever result to Heroin and i certainly wouldn't use it as a substitute for weed.

There can't be a large amount of people that would use it for that reason.
  • Options
    Box wrote:
    I wouldn't say it's completely different. Both can be taken to put the user in a calm and relaxed state of mind.
  • Options
    that's very scary
    ~d
  • Options
    Box wrote:

I'm not flaming you or anything, but I find it funny that you are calling it completely different even though you have no experience or intention of using heroin.

Just another interesting BBC heroin article...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3592877.stm
    Sounds like you all have your hands full :)
  • Options
    Yes, drug laws do need to be sorted out. But i dont think letting EVERYONE smoke weed willy nilly would be a great idea.
  • Options
    ive found this drought a complete cunt and it has made me turn to prescriptions a few times just so i can sleep properly.. so i dont find this surpising really
  • Options
    That sucks.

We're almost living in hell; things that feel so good to us and are desirable are actually terrible for us.