Home Work & Volunteering
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Free Wednesday evening? Come along to our safeguarding co-design session from 6-7:30PM. sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Doorman course

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone have any information about doorman courses? I have visited my local job centre which was no help, any recommended courses that anyone has done?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you need a Security Industry Authority (SIA) Door Supervisor Licence and usually costs about £200, whereabouts are you and i might be able to find a training centre...they do them all over.
    koe_182 wrote:
    you need a Security Industry Authority (SIA) Door Supervisor Licence and usually costs about £200, whereabouts are you and i might be able to find a training centre...they do them all over.
    Thats the name, I coudnt remember SIA.

Im in the south east of London in kent, Bexleyheath/dartford area.

Thanks
    http://www.the-sia.org.uk/

all the details are there, should recomend some training centres as well.
    Thanks Koe
    you could also try another security firm like the ones that are hired for gigs and then they set you up with different jobs

the pay at companies like Rock Steady security and stuff is a joke tho, can be owt as little as £6 p/h...not worth it in my eyes.