Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Very stupid question, but just to be sure...

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
On Monday, I just woke up different. Feeling confident, feeling good with myself, for the first time feeling like being a good person is my choice and not the way I'm made. I feel like I could be as good or bad, as friendly or distant as I want, any way I want, while until then I more or less felt like I practically had no choice in the matter. I even feel smarter somehow. I'm still the same person however, same worries, same desires etc.
Now if that had happened slowly I'd easily say it's because I changed. But it was simply so sadden, and that feels strange somehow. I've heard that physical brain issues can change you so drastically, so is it possible there's something wrong there?

(To be honest, I also made this thread to announce that I really feel good :D)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's great Indrid!

To answer your question, I don't think there's anything wrong with you. At the risk of sounding too much like a psychologist (those annoying nutters! :p ), it's perfectly normal that you would feel different suddenly. Many times those kind of feelings are a result of unconscious processes that at some point produce an insight - and ah! something just makes click in your mind and then you suddenly feel better. Most of the time we aren't aware that these processes are even taking place, but the result of them come to the surface making us feel renovated. What I mean is that even though to our aware consciousness it might seem like a sudden change - it generally isn't, but more the result of something 'falling into place' in our subconscious which we only experience the result of. (Without ruling out the thesis of chemical processes occuring in the brain though - the two aren't mutually exclusive).

Hope I explained myself properly there. Anyway, it's good news, and I'm very happy for you! :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    So I'm not heading towards a stroke, am I? That's good. What you say does make sense.
    And, thanks. :)