Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling trapped

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i've no idea what forum to post this in but basically i'm just feeling incredibly trapped.
trapped in my life, trapped with my circumstances, trapped with responsibility just pretty much damn trapped with everything.

I feel trapped inside my own head a lot of the time and just want to break out...but how the hell do you do that?

I cant even explain this properly but its just horrible! err...help?

Comments

• Options
    I take some time out, get away from it all and relax. It helps me to look at everything when I'm away from all the responsibilities, circumstances and life - you might not find the answer, but it's a start.
  • Options
    if possible, take a little time off and step back from it all, try figure out what exactly you're feeling trapped by. impractical advice, but it sounds like you need a holiday :)
  • Options
    i feel that way a lot too. other than saying i can empathize with you, not too sure whats the best advice to give to you. guess, thats just life really. try to keep your chin up. :)
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Ok i've no idea what forum to post this in but basically i'm just feeling incredibly trapped.
    trapped in my life, trapped with my circumstances, trapped with responsibility just pretty much damn trapped with everything.

I feel trapped inside my own head a lot of the time and just want to break out...but how the hell do you do that?

You are depressed.Talk to your G.P but don't feel pressured to take medication.Equally dont reject it out of hand.Good luck,take one day at a time and if necessary, one minute.
  • Options
    johnnny wrote:
    You are depressed.Talk to your G.P but don't feel pressured to take medication.Equally dont reject it out of hand.Good luck,take one day at a time and if necessary, one minute.
    from what he has said, you can't say that is depression.
  • Options
    Stimulate yourself with new surrounds,new interests,they may present paths new values.
  • Options
    icey wrote:

Sounds like you need a holiday