Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I am single and new to the dating world any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Free this weekend?
  • Options
    Smile, feel confident, be yourself.
  • Options
    Free this weekend?

:p
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Smile, feel confident, be yourself.

So incredibly simple but it's all it takes.

Just be likeable, i guess.
  • Options
    I am so shy though
  • Options
    then just go out and find someone, do you go to uni or anything?
  • Options
    Think of it as an opportunity. Keep your eyes open, because you just never know where your next relationship might come from....
  • Options
    Come to my town. I'll wine you and dine you and walk you home :)
    Or if you live in London and want some female company ;)
  • Options
    Dear god, is everyone coming onto her?

I got here first, back off bitches. She's mine.

On a serious note, I think the best thing to do is concentrate on having good friends. The dating thing will develop naturally when you're ready. I didn't have faith so wasn't prepared for it and missed a really good opportunity at university. Although, that backfired, because the girl was my only friend at the time and she's not really interested in being friends now so I am looking for new ones :).

Probably why I spend too much time on here. But yea, it should all come naturally in time :) so don't worry - I'm shy too, but we were in a club and just jokingly kissed, and then some more... but then I freaked out and was shaking.

I'm such an idiot :no: :(
  • Options
    Depends what you're after. If you're after new relationship, then I'd say do stuff that's gonna get you introduced to blokes. Parties, going out with friends who are bringing people you don't know, anything where you actually get time to talk to someone and get to know them a bit, rather than just pulling someone in a club and hoping that they have a nice personality when you wake up the next day.
  • Options
    I don't go to uni I work and there are only 4 males all old. I have a date tonight and I am just useless. Everything is new to me. Just came out of a 3 and a half year relationship a few months ago.
  • Options
    Don't go on every date assuming this will be "the one" you'll get married to and breed with, don't expect fireworks on a first date when you will both probably be nervous as hell, do ask questions, make conversation, be lighthearted, smile and go into things with an open mind.

Most of all, have fun :D
  • Options
    Let's watch a movie and perhaps have a couple of drinks. Perhaps even a meal; a spicy currey and some garlic bread, wash it down with a good ale and finish the movie and have a chat. How's that sound? :D

Honestly, I would get out there and pop in to my nearest pub.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    I don't go to uni I work and there are only 4 males all old. I have a date tonight and I am just useless. Everything is new to me. Just came out of a 3 and a half year relationship a few months ago.

Just remember - he'll probably be as scared and nervous as your are, maybe even more so. Your both in the same boat. That's part of the fun of first dates, the atmosphere and electricity created because of the tension and the nerves...
  • Options
    Don't you hate it when you're on a date and you're trying to take an interest but they just seem like they can't wait to get out of there?

So rude. You don't know me :( you can't automatically judge yourself to be better than me!