Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Conservative Votes Are "Tossers" - OFFICIAL

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.. okay a cheap gag, but can you think of any occasion where a paryt has won votes by calling prospective voters "tossers"?

This links to the a Tory Blog. Parents of our younger readers should be warned that it may contain offensive policies

The Advert itself can be found here

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .. okay a cheap gag, but can you think of any occasion where a paryt has won votes by calling prospective voters "tossers"?

This links to the Tory home page. Parents of our younger readers should be warned that it may contain offensive material

Not sure if they have before, but come 2010 they'll be a first time :thumb:
    This links to the a Tory Blog. Parents of our younger readers should be warned that it may contain offensive material
    It's not David Cameron's face is it?
    TBH I was more concerned about policies being mentioned. In fact, I'm going back to edit that post...
    TBH I was more concerned about policies being mentioned. In fact, I'm going back to edit that post...

Yeah because suggesting people take control of there own finances and don't get themselves into massive debt is so terrible. Politicians will be suggesting that people take some personal responsibility for things like their eating habits next :shocking:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah because suggesting people take control of there own finances and don't get themselves into massive debt is so terrible. Politicians will be suggesting that people take some personal responsibility for things like their eating habits next :shocking:
    :lol:

I think it's quite a good thing, but I don't think that a Conservative party would be much help - aren't they meant to be pro-free market pro-big business profit?

Did they just lose the business vote? WTF is going on? Labour - right - Conservative - left?

:confused: HELP ME PLZ!
    OK, so the language used may be a bit low-brow, but the website has good intentions, and if this is the kind of action we can expect from the conservatives from now on, this must be a good thing. For far too long, the tory party has been complacent and has made no attempt to reach out to younger voters. Now things are changing.

This website is a clear attempt to tackle an important issue head-on rather than sitting back and saying "we can't do anything about it while we are in oposition." Keep it up, guys!
    Politicians will be suggesting that people take some personal responsibility for things like their eating habits next :shocking:

Should primary school kids take personal responsibility for their diets?
    budda wrote:
    Should primary school kids take personal responsibility for their diets?

No, but their parents should
    No, but their parents should

While they are at school?

I'm being a little flipant, in large part I agree with personal choice and personal responsibility. But in part (kids for example) there has to be systems in place to provide them with whats good for them, not always what they want.
    budda wrote:
    While they are at school?

I'm being a little flipant, in large part I agree with personal choice and personal responsibility. But in part (kids for example) there has to be systems in place to provide them with whats good for them, not always what they want.

Well, yes and my answer was flippant in turn. The state obviously has some responsibility (dealing with crime, making sure people aren't dying on the streets of starvation or cholera), but the Tories point (and one I agree with) is that the state can't do everything. If you get into debt because you spend too much on a decent holiday and lots of clothes its your fault. if the state is expected to step to always save people from themselves their is a cost to the rest of us.
    To be honest the site is quite patronising.