Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sleeping Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Having tried a number of self help remedies and seen the doctor, who provided some sleeping pills, my efforts to sort my sleeping pattern have not worked - I'm still not able to get to sleep until around 2am, and then waking up at 9.30am.

Thankfully I have an understanding employer who doesn't mind me geting into work for around 10 to 10.30, but I'd like to have a more regular sleep pattern and was considering hypnosis.

Has anyone else tried this, did it work and can you recommend a good hypnosis tape/cd?

Thanks,

Mac.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have heard of people undergoing hypnosis. I'll try to find a link.

In the mean time google Paul Mckenna, Im not sure if he does sleep hypnosis have a look.
    He seems to do videos but not audio. I will see if there are any other reputable hypnosis audio tapes / CD's though, thanks for your help :)
    try and fit some exercise into your routine, it really helps :)

(I have trouble sleeping too, really helps if I go for a swim a couple of times a week)
    Mac Sami wrote:
    He seems to do videos but not audio. I will see if there are any other reputable hypnosis audio tapes / CD's though, thanks for your help :)
    I have bought family members his audio CD before.

If it was a video, it wouldnt work. ;)
    I had trouble sleeping a few weeks ago and it was getting really irritating. I tried drinking chamomile tea before I went to bed and it sends me straight off. If you can stomach the taste tho....
  • BarradellBarradell Deactivated Posts: 10 Settling in
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble sleeping, hopefully one or two of the links below will provide a bit more information to help you deal with the situation.

You might find the article here on insomnia helpful in understanding why you have trouble sleeping. The information offers a number of possible explanations and some simple tips that might help you sleep better.

Hypnotherapy can be used to address a number of issues and is certainly one option you might want to consider, amongst some of the others posted here. The article here offers an introduction to hynotherapy and what you can expect to happen.

Hope that helps.
    Not sure if you've tried it but Rescue Remedy has help me sleep over the past few nights.
    Mac Sami wrote:

He does have an audio thing cos my friend had his thing but this was like 10 years ago.
    He does have an audio...but this was like 10 years ago.

Could be why I'm struggling to find it (either that or I've lost the will to look). But thanks anyway :)