Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Traveling around Europe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi, guys
I am going to go to Italy, but i have no idea which part of of Italy to start with
Can you advise me something ?
Has anybody been to that country? what are your impression?
Lots of thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    gabrielj wrote:
    Hi, guys
    I am going to go to Italy, but i have no idea which part of of Italy to start with
    Can you advise me something ?
    Has anybody been to that country? what are your impression?
    Lots of thanks
    My family are from Amouthi (sp?)

Stay away from there, there quiet odd people. :)

I would start with Rome personally.
    Try and visit Venice, is a great city :)

Rome is good, plenty to do like most big cities.

As for Florence, I wasnt to impressed. Unless you like art and museums, then it will be right up your street :thumb:

And try your best to get to Milan (So many fit women) :D

Enjoy

:thumb:
    If you're actually touring around Italy then start off somewhere up north in the Alps which are stunning and move down to Lake Garda (one of Europe's most beautiful and famous lakes) and Verona (where Romeo and Juliet was set), then spend some time in near by Venice which is an absolute MUST if you're in Italy, absolutely stunning city with a great beach aswell. Then go around Tuscanny which has some really beautiful scenery and check out Milan. Then travel down south to Rome.
    Calvin wrote:
    Try and visit Venice

:yuck: Utterly revolting city. Smelly, overpriced, too many tourists and really not that great for what it is.

Florence and Rome are leagues ahead in my view.
    :yuck: Utterly revolting city. Smelly, overpriced, too many tourists and really not that great for what it is.

Florence and Rome are leagues ahead in my view.

There are two sides to Venice, you have just described the horrible, crowded, over priced and touristy main square with all the tourist sights and bollocks...
    The REAL Venice is away from that, quiet rustic canals where the citizens of Venice actually live, hardly a tourist in sight just civillians going about their daily business - fishing, shopping at small markets e.t.c. That is the beautiful side of Venice which cannot be compared with any other Italian city, in my opinion of course.
    HIT wrote:
    My family are from Amouthi (sp?)

Stay away from there, there quiet odd people. :)

I would start with Rome personally.

Amalfi? (like the duchess of!)

I think venice is worth going to - even if only for a day - becuase it is an amazing place - how many other cities in the world are there like it and it won't be there forever.

Pill'ed's route is quite good - or if your not able to go for THAT long then you could just stay around Milan and go to Lake Como and the mountains. But there are about a bazillion lovely places to go so its very hard to just reccomend one.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm gutted to say I've never been to Italy :( But TheSite rates it as the best romantic holiday. So whether you're going for romance, or just to see the sights, you're bound to find some useful info here :thumb: