Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going out with someone who is divorced

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    My OH was married to a Swedish lady (grumble, grumble) which I didn't know about before we got together despite having been friends for ages. He seems to think it doesn't count because they were smack happy the whole time and these are his "lost years"; but of course it does. I've asked him a million and one questions about the wedding, marriage, divorce etc but sadly none of his stories are all that interesting other than the fact that their wedding was also a "Cancer party" where everyone drank schnapps until it dribbled out of their noses. I'm not sure how well you need to know someone before you start asking them details, and I definitely think it depends on whether things were acrimonious or not.

My ex was also married when he was extremely young, so it's safe to say it doesn't put me off and rather is something I seem to (unknowingly) find quite attractive. It would be different if they had kids as a result of those marriages though, for sure. That's where I would proceed with extreme caution, or if the divorce wasn't finalised and there was danger of crazed ex-wife hosing you down with acid in Londis or even reconciliation.

I think now we're all starting to get a bit older you have to open your mind a bit, we all have a past and it's par for the course that some people's pasts will involve broken marriages. Who's the guy then? Is he recently divorced or is this way back when?
  • Options
    You think thats bad, My ones divorce isnt final till July :mad:
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Do you think it would be all right to ask them about their marriage/divorce etc or not till you knew them a bit better?

I think it's the same principle as when you'd talk about exes.
  • Options
    You think thats bad, My ones divorce isnt final till July :mad:
    Eeek!
    I've just met a guy who's seperated. I've not delved into that yet probably because I'm not really bothered, it's too soon. But if I did want to know, I'd have no oroblem making conversation about it, just like I hve no problem talking about my past.