Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Returning Items

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When a company says they've "issued you a credit note" does that mean they've put the money back on your card, or that they'll take that money off something else you buy from them?

Comments

• Options
    I would assume it would be credit for the store, like a gift card or something. Else it would have said like, credited back to your card ending in xxxx or something. Just my thought.
  • Options
    It means they've given you a voucher for use in their shop.

If you returned the item because it was faulty you are legally entitled to a full refund in cash.
  • Options
    If it just doesn't "fit" etc, then they are entitled to just give you a credit note. and yah, that means just for use in their shop, as full or part payment for a new item.
  • Options
    Yeah it's computer memory that's just not compatible (it happens) and since I bought it 3 months ago, I'm quite pleased that they didn't just tell me to fuck off.
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Actually the store is entitled to try and repair it first, and if they can't then you're entitled to a refund.

Depends on why you returned it. Not fit for the purpose it was purchased is enough.

Whatever you do, make sure you get your moeny back and never accept a replacement because that invalidates your rights under the Sale of Goods Act.