Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Discontinued food

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure if this would be classed as a dead thread but if it is I apologise.
    I haven't seen Worcester sauce Walkers crisps for ages. Anyone know what happened to them?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I haven't seen Worcester sauce Walkers crisps for ages. Anyone know what happened to them?

Good point, haven't seen those in a while.
    I never really knew if I liked them or not, sometimes I thought they tasted great and other times I thought they tasted foul. :confused:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Good point, haven't seen those in a while.
    I never really knew if I liked them or not, sometimes I thought they tasted great and other times I thought they tasted foul. :confused:
    I loved them!
  • Options
    I miss Tab Clear. Is it true that they discontinued it after studies found it caused brain cancer?:eek:
  • Options
    I don't think they've discontinued worcester sauce Walkers, have they? But if so you can definitely still get them in my local pub in the Byker wall Lea. So if you consider them worth risking getting molested, mugged, and set alight by 11 year old boys with petrol cannisters for then your craving will be satisfied! :razz:

I go there all the time as it is the only place I know that still has Tudor tomato sauce flavour crisps... only six years out of date too! :yum:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't think they've discontinued worcester sauce Walkers, have they? But if so you can definitely still get them in my local pub in the Byker wall Lea. So if you consider them worth risking getting molested, mugged, and set alight by 11 year old boys with petrol cannisters for then your craving will be satisfied! :razz:

I go there all the time as it is the only place I know that still has Tudor tomato sauce flavour crisps... only six years out of date too! :yum:
    Oooo thanks I think I'll have to pop in and buy the box hehe. I used to love Tudor crisps.
  • Options
    Ice cream flavoured Chewits, and purple Fanta (they still do it in big bottles, I think, but they stopped doing it in 500ml :()

But having had conversations about both with other people, it appears that I am the only person that liked either :o.
  • Options
    The purple fanta was nice, but the ice cream flavoured Chewits were nasty!
  • Options
    I hated when my dad bought purple fanta, it was a mission to drink it all.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    The purple fanta was nice, but the ice cream flavoured Chewits were nasty!

:no:

Ice cream Chewitts are luvverly. They are my fave flavour, either them or the Blackcurrants one's
  • Options

Ice cream Chewitts are luvverly. They are my fave flavour, either them or the Blackcurrants one's

Blackcurrant one's are fucking good but the Ice cream one's were a definate NO
  • Options

I think I love you :heart:.
  • Options
    I love this site. I am a food obsessive and have just come across it. I have written many a letter to manufacturers in the past demanding to know what has happened to certain foods. Most of them get back to you.

Yes, Cheddary has been discontinued, much to my dismay. The monster yoghurts were called Fiendish Feet by the way. I cant find any reference to Hippopotamousses anywhere on the internet though, anyone remember them? They were yum. Crunchy cheetos you can only get in America/South America now, but Fritolay never wrote back to me asking if I could get them delivered to the UK. And did anyone ever eat HP Spicy Brown Sauce? That one disappeared too, they did reply although they never gave me a reason why... Oh and one more, Cadbury's Old Jamaica. My dad's favourite chocolate!