Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cocain mixed wit Ketamine...

Just a question, was wondering the other week at my friends afterparty, what would happen if one was to blend together a gram of ket and a gram of cocain (so that its just one lump of white powder :eek: ), then snort, say a line up ones nostril? would one die?:confused: I know its not a very wise thing to do, and i dnt think iv quite got the GUTS to try this INSAIN cocktail, but one cant help but wonder...

Has anyone ACTUALLY done it? and would both drugs happening at the same time be lethal?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know people who do it all the time but I haven't tried it.

They've named it Cokamine. Noone's died yet, but that's not to say it isn't dangerous.

Basically I doubt you'll die, but that's no reason to do it.
  • Options
    I've mixed coke and ket, literally one line after the other. I thought it was pretty good, you get the same old fucked upness from the ket but the coke sort of keeps your head together. Hard to explain.. But I had a good laugh from it.
  • Options
    This was quite popular 2 or 3 years ago. CK1 it was called. From what I recall, the coke keeps you more awake/aware for the ket.
  • Options
    Never done it myself but a few friends have but you couldn't really rely on their judjement, they were on booze and e's as well but in general they just said it made them feel more fucked and the coke kept them a little more aware of what they were doing.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Mixing drugs is not a good idea, it is unpredictable, it increases the damage you are doing to your body, and it makes the comedown worse.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I can think of two more different drugs, I fail to see why you would pick those two to mix.
  • Options
    It does seem an odd combination, can't say I've done it myself but a few of my friends used to do it all the time and it seemed to get them pretty fucked so...
    One of my mates even said that he could never do Cocaine or Ketamine on their own anymore, it just wouldn't be the same.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I'm not sure I can think of two more different drugs, I fail to see why you would pick those two to mix.

Uppers and downers innit. A popular combo.
  • Options
    I've known some people to use one of these when they are bored of the feeling that the other is giving. Don't know if it works.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Uppers and downers innit. A popular combo.

I suppose so, although ketamine is more a sideways than an up or a down.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I suppose so, although ketamine is more a sideways than an up or a down.
    Haha yeah definately
  • Options
    ooh didnt realise people actually combine these, for sum reason i thought the combination would ether be fatal or quite damaging (it probably is rather damaging come to thing about it..)

...on that note i might just give this a try next time we have k an coke :chin: muhahaha
  • Options
    i like your sig ^^ :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not too keen on either drug to be honest so I don't think I'd try this, though a little bit of ketamine on it's own is very amusing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yea, a little bit, i've never had full on khole experiences or anything, only had a couple of small lines and when i was drunk too which was a bit of a mistake as it just made the effects alot more stronger.

It's not around here and not looking for it but if it drops into my hands someday i'll try it again on it's own.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Yea, a little bit, i've never had full on khole experiences or anything, only had a couple of small lines and when i was drunk too which was a bit of a mistake as it just made the effects alot more stronger.

It's not around here and not looking for it but if it drops into my hands someday i'll try it again on it's own.

Yea, you should defo try it without alcohol.

Almost everytime I've done it with alcohol it hasn't had the proper effects, and I have sometimes ended up quite ill.
  • Options
    Ket is nice with MDMA also... as when you come down from a ket dose, you're still up on the MDMA so it's more of a smooth experience. If you want to go the complete opposite way to stimulating with coke, poppers are pretty sweet with ket... as is nitrous. Obviously mixing isn't a good idea at all, but I've had some pretty crazy trips with those. I once bumped some k and then did a big balloon, and my entire field of vision turned into a snake-skin effect, that was weird.
  • Options
    poppers are pretty sweet with ket...

I did that, and it totally mooned me out for ages. I was dosed on k and took a hit of poppers - next thing I remember I'm coming round to myself about half an hour later with a reaction not dissimiliar from your user name.

Another related thing. Every time I do k now I always seem to have this travel theme in my trips. I'm always in an airport, or in a train station with trains coming and going around me, or actually on a train. It's fucking crazy!
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Another related thing. Every time I do k now I always seem to have this travel theme in my trips. I'm always in an airport, or in a train station with trains coming and going around me, or actually on a train. It's fucking crazy!

I've heard ketamine users before saying this, that they 'know' their trip because they have almost exactly the same one each time.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Yea, you should defo try it without alcohol.

Almost everytime I've done it with alcohol it hasn't had the proper effects, and I have sometimes ended up quite ill.

I never felt ill, just felt very wierd to say the least, however the pill i was coming up on when i took the k probably had something to do with it.
  • Options
    The first time I ever tried ket i was VERY drunk an hated it, couldnt understand how anyone could enjoy such a vial feeling, but recently I tried ket on its own and OMG what an experience! we've had quite a few "ket sesh's" now, and they have seriously gotta have been sum of the most FUNNYEST yet RANDOMEST days EVER! Its seriously a mind boggling drug, but at the same time its enjoyable? Iv noticed aswell the rise in popularity wit it, it just seems to be growin an grown, more an more people are beginning to like it (well from what i gather anyway..)
    Yay for the Ket :D

Can understand a bit about your airport trip, i went into a k hole the other week and felt like i was going down escalators and flashes of people i knew kept shooting past on posters on the wall, like in a train station? how random!?
  • Options
    yea i've got the escalator thing as well, but it was more of a conveyor belt (in an airport of course!), and i was like a piece of baggage travelling along it. absolutely mind bending. when you come out of something like that it's a hell of a ride for your brain. takes a while to regather yourself.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    yea i've got the escalator thing as well, but it was more of a conveyor belt (in an airport of course!), and i was like a piece of baggage travelling along it.

:lol:
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I've heard ketamine users before saying this, that they 'know' their trip because they have almost exactly the same one each time.
    I've gone through many of the same trips. I find that if I hear certain tunes while I'm on k and I've experienced them before on k, it feels like the song has a personality and you recognise it like an old friend. Quite bizarre!
  • Options
    Seriously you lot, using ketamine after you have been drinking is heightening the risk considerably.

Think about it, alcohol depresses your cardio and respiratory systems, and ketamine disengages your from your physical self. Add the fact that ketamine has a tendency to cause nausea, and you are a Hendrix waiting to happen.

If you really must, make sure there is someone with you all the time to keep an eye on you.
  • Options
    Am I right in saying that Ketamine doesn't depress the CNS ?

So obviously drinking with the substance may produce unwanted effects but doesn't put the user at further risk...
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Am I right in saying that Ketamine doesn't depress the CNS ?

So obviously drinking with the substance may produce unwanted effects but doesn't put the user at further risk...

You are half right, ketamine BY ITSELF doesnt depress the CNS, but when mixed with other depressants enhances their effects. So its the same as mixing two downers.

Plus, as LadyJade has rightly pointed out, its far more likely you will be sick and in no state to do anything about it.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Think about it, alcohol depresses your cardio and respiratory systems, and ketamine disengages your from your physical self. Add the fact that ketamine has a tendency to cause nausea, and you are a Hendrix waiting to happen.
    oo is that how he died?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    oo is that how he died?

No, he took a mixture of a barb and some alcohol to come down off some speed and help him sleep.

His girlfriend (depending on who you believe) either watched him die because she was afraid to call the police or was wasted herself and didnt notice till too late.
  • Options
    I meant Hendrix choked on his own vomit. Nash, if you read my post again I said that alcohol depresses the CNS and Ketamine disassociates you from your body, and what Budda posted was spot on. I would say that throwing up while unconscious is a little more than an unwanted effect....