Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cocaine with ear infections?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if taking cocaine will affect my ear infection? Might sound stupid but the tonsils and ears are sorta connected in some way and obviously I don't want to get sniffin if it will affect it.

Comments

• Options
    if you have been to the docs ... they have maby prescribed antic biotics which it may have an effect on working.

its a bad idea, wait till its cleared up unless you are willing to accept the consequences, they as far as i know not life threatening.
  • Options
    i really need to get literate again. trying to read my typing is terrible.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    well your ear, nose and throat are all directly connected so I would assume you would only be making things much worse...
  • Options
    That and if you are on any antibiotics they arent going to work anywhere near as well if you are doing coke.
  • Options
    Yeah, had a feeling :(

Have a mates birthday to go out for on friday, but it looks like I may be doing it completely sober. Cheers.
  • Options
    Well it will be nice to prove to yourself that you can go out and enjoy yourself in a different way, don't you think? See it as an opportunity...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Well it will be nice to prove to yourself that you can go out and enjoy yourself in a different way, don't you think? See it as an opportunity...

Why does he have to 'prove' this? It seems to assume that being sober is some sort of higher state, and that there is something morally wrong with being intoxicated (which in the case of cocaine there probably is but thats an aside).
  • Options
    Haha, I don't know about an opportunity. The way I see it is that everyone that's going out will be wrecked themselves and when you're the only sober one it sort of feels like they're on a completely different level to you.

I know some people don't drink alcohol at all (or touch anything else), but it's kind of annoying because it's like I know what I'm missing in a sense.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Why does he have to 'prove' this? It seems to assume that being sober is some sort of higher state, and that there is something morally wrong with being intoxicated (which in the case of cocaine there probably is but thats an aside).
    Fuck Budda, I wasn't making a moral judgement. My bad, I should have phrased it differently. For 'prove to yourself' read 'know' - better? Quite the provocateur lately, aren't we...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Fuck Budda, I wasn't making a moral judgement. My bad, I should have phrased it differently. For 'prove to yourself' read 'know' - better? Quite the provocateur lately, aren't we...

I didnt mean it to sound hostile, it was just a curious turn of phrase you used thats all. You sound stressed, calm down.
  • Options
    Ok so maybe no Charlie...
    doesn't mean you can't drink and take pills does it?
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Ok so maybe no Charlie...
    doesn't mean you can't drink and take pills does it?

If your on antibiotics then I wouldnt do either of them things...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    If your on antibiotics then I wouldnt do either of them things...
    Alcohol and ecstasy will both mess with your immune system and reduce the effectiveness of the antibiotics. Not worth it unless you don't mind being ill for longer.