Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Racist Children?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it depends really, i mean i have friends that have always been told that black people are bad and that makes them rascist. one of my friends has rascist parents and shes trying to get a black guy to take home to make her folks realise she doesnt share there opinion. lol. but some of the dreadful stuff i hear in school and have heard since i have started is dreadful. i think children pik rascism up from all sorts of places. home, school, friends, some 'comedy' tv shows.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Errr...if one race is intellectually superior the other as a whole, it stands to reason the higher race is best off avoiding intermixture...not unless you consider a decline in intelligence, probable collapse of civilisation and evolutionary regression as valuable.

That doesn't necessarily follow - for instance, what if this "intellectually superior" race had a narrower gene pool and was therefore much more susceptible to pandemics? What if intellectualism causes individualism and reduced co-operative action? Your superior race would then be more likely to lose wars against more socially minded "inferior" races. All evidence from western societies shows that "intelligent" people have less children - who is going to be the race that dominates if that trend continues?

It stands to no reason whatsoever, even if you accept your premise that one race is intellectually superior "as a whole" - which no scientists at all claim. The ones doing this racial research argue that some races' "normal distribution" of IQs is further up the scale, meaning that the most intelligent percentile of the least intelligent race on average (Africans/Blacks, they claim) are still more intelligent than about 95% of people in the most intelligent race on average (East Asians, they claim). So it would still be of advantage to "interbreed" with other races as they can still be amongst the most intelligent people on earth.

Here is a graph to illustrate this:
    400px-Sketch-
    "Normal distribution comparing races and ethnic groups with IQ among U.S. test subjects from 1981 (the most recent, large-scale, published adult IQ scores). 'Asian' in the legend here refers to the US English usage of the word Asian.[1] Whether the IQ gaps have narrowed since then and will continue to narrow or have remained consistent throughout the history of testing, and the causes and meaning of the different average scores for these groups are debated.[2]"
    From Wikipedia.

And on top of all of this, most of this science is actually bullshit, and has been constantly challenged. Its mainly based on data from the US which as we know has a massive racial discrepancy between income, education, nutrition, etc etc.

edited to say: On top of that, the scientists who argue this hypothesis concede that there are many exceptions (or "high achieving minorities) to the generalized "races" seen here. For instance Ashkenazi Jews, or the Igbo people of western Africa/Nigeria.
    In college we learn that children imitate what they have seen and heard so i think it is more than likely that the parents or other influencial members of the family have said this or the little boy has heard it said.

I think it is awful, OK if parents want to be racist then that is sort of up to them but to say such things in front of their kids is a terrible. They damn well know kids repeat what they have heard. Ignorant parents.
    Or he's heard it from someone at school. If his sister isn't making comments like that it suggests his parents may be innocent.
    Or he's heard it from someone at school. If his sister isn't making comments like that it suggests his parents may be innocent.

Not neccessarily, because some children do react to things different. His other sister might be older, and understand it more and have made up her own decision on this already, or she might just not outrightly repeat things.

Each and every child is different and will react to things in different ways...
    carlito wrote:
    And on top of all of this, most of this science is actually bullshit, and has been constantly challenged. Its mainly based on data from the US which as we know has a massive racial discrepancy between income, education, nutrition, etc etc.
    Exactly :yes:. And please bear in mind that there IS NO 'pure' way of assessing IQ, meaning IQ tests are very sensitive to educational, social and cultural history. Every form of Intelligence measurements will have a quota of bias in favour of the creators. Guess who created IQ tests where white men score the highest? Suprise, surprise... white men.