Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Liverpool = Shit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
1 goal in how many away games?

14 points behind us :D

To think only a couple of months ago the media were tipping them to win the league, and that they were "the only threat to chelsea" they all look a right bunch of cocks now don't they.

Gerrards probably handing in another transfer request, once hes gone they're completely fucked :lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Remind me, who did you lose against on Tuesday?
  • Options
    Southend in the League Cup. Here is a reminder for you of what really matters.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm
  • Options
    You've ONLY played 12 games. There's no way you're going to win it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I didn't say we were :confused:

I doub't Southend will win the league cup but you still brought it up.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    I didn't say we were :confused:
    Must be fun when your idea of glory has to change from winning the Champions League to celebrating the fact that Liverpool aren't doing as well as you, and that you're gonna have the honour of coming second to Chelsea in the league.
  • Options
    Must be fun when your idea of glory has to change from winning the Champions League to celebrating the fact that Liverpool aren't doing as well as you, and that you're gonna have the honour of coming second to Chelsea in the league.

Indeed
  • Options

I am just enjoying watching United playing well, winning and being top of the league. Liverpool doing shit is a bonus. I have made no predictions on who will be champions its far to early to tell.

Im sensing a huge amount of bitterness :D
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    I am just enjoying watching United playing well, winning and being top of the league. Liverpool doing shit is a bonus. I have made no predictions on who will be champions its far to early to tell.

Im sensing a huge amount of bitterness :D
    I wouldn't get too smug. We all know what happened last time everyone wrote Liverpool off in the league at the start of the season.
  • Options
    I wouldn't get too smug. We all know what happened last time everyone wrote Liverpool off in the league at the start of the season.

Arsenal are a much bigger threat imo.
  • Options

It's always fun to laugh at Liverpool failing, regardless of how United are doing. Being top of the league playing beautiful football does make it even more fun though. Roll on Chelsea at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Banter is all part of the footie thing innit. No club theoretically has the right to laugh at others, for all clubs have been shit at some point or other. But where would football be without banter? My advice to all is laugh while you can.

It's a funny thing about Liverpool. I can sooner see them winning the Champions League than the Premiership for years to come.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    It's a funny thing about Liverpool. I can sooner see them winning the Champions League than the Premiership for years to come.

Me to, you can't win the league on penaltys.
  • Options
    Honestly didnt think we'd beat liverpool today chuffed with the result but if i were a 'pool fan i wouldnt be screaming blue murder ! Gallas' goal, where the hell was his marker ? NOWHERE he was left to walk in and head the ball home.

Thoroughly deserved win for The Gunners, Feel sorry for Liverpool they should be playing so much better.
  • Options
    Liverpool didn't play that badly on Sunday, in the first half at least.
  • Options
    Braineater wrote:
    Liverpool didn't play that badly on Sunday, in the first half at least.

Carragher should have been sent off. It coulda been a cricket score after that, the way they were defending.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Carragher should have been sent off. It coulda been a cricket score after that, the way they were defending.

Van Persie as well, cheating cunt.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    Van Persie as well, cheating cunt.

Absolutely ! .. and i'm an Arsenal fan !

I hate cheating in football it fucking ruins the game. I don't care if it's one of our own player's, get that twat off the field.
  • Options
    Ironic that McFadden get s a read for using the word "cheat" but van Persie only gets a yellow for cheating really...

And before our resident ABU's blood pressure goes off the scale, Ronney should have gone for the blatant dive against Portsmouth. It's about time the FA took cheating seriously...
  • Options
    And before our resident ABU's blood pressure goes off the scale, Ronney should have gone for the blatant dive against Portsmouth. It's about time the FA took cheating seriously...

They do already, as long as not an England star, see Shearer.
  • Options
    I must have missed the bans handed down to the fake Ronaldo, Pires, Giggs, and the entire Chelsea squad then...
  • Options
    Point taken.
  • Options
    You are only as good as your last game.
    We won 2:0 today.
    Man U lost 1:0 yesterday.

That means that at this moment of time, we are better than you! For how long, that's a different matter...

You'll never walk alone!!!!!

PS The goals deficit is coz Gerrard has been seriously unlucky this season and only scored his second goal of the year tonight.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    You are only as good as your last game.
    We won 2:0 today.
    Man U lost 1:0 yesterday.

That means that at this moment of time, we are better than you! For how long, that's a different matter...

ffs, are you 6-years-old?

PS The goals deficit is coz Gerrard has been seriously unlucky this season and only scored his second goal of the year tonight.

How has he been seriously unlucky? He's just been shite, much like the rest of the team. Benitez playing him out of position hasn't helped much, but he's still been very very poor.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    How has he been seriously unlucky? He's just been shite, much like the rest of the team. Benitez playing him out of position hasn't helped much, but he's still been very very poor.
    Whenever I've seen Gerrard play this season he's played quite well, hes got into all the right positions but hes just being unable to finish the move off like he did nearly everytime it dropped to him in front of goal last season. Some would say he's being unlucky, some would say his finishing hasn't being quite up to scratch, only people who know little about football would say hes being very very poor (or shite) :wave:
  • Options
    Don't be stupid, he's been well below par. Even he'd admit it himself. He hasn't had any domination on any of the games he's played, not like he had last season. He's been awful compared to his usual self and looked very jaded at times. I base performances on goals, assists and influence on the game, with which he's had very little. Makes me wonder what you base it on.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Don't be stupid, he's been well below par. Even he'd admit it himself. He hasn't had any domination on any of the games he's played, not like he had last season. He's been awful compared to his usual self and looked very jaded at times. I base performances on goals, assists and influence on the game, with which he's had very little. Makes me wonder what you base it on.
    I can't comment on every minute of every game because I haven't seen it, I doubt you have either. But from what I've seen of him he's performed alright but with a serious lack of goals compared to the start of last season. He's got himself into all the right positions to score the goals (which is the hardest part) he just hasn't stuck the ball in the back of the net. I think you'll find he'd admit to not scoring enough goals but I don't think he'd admit to all round under-performing.
    Last year he unleashed unstoppable drives from outside the box, which in turn changes the games, this year from what I've seen most of his efforts from distance haven't gone anywhere near the net. Once the goals start flying in like he's used to I doubt you'd be saying hes under-performed.
    He could of had at least 2 in the England game but its just not going in for him, that will change over the course of the season I reckon.
    Gerrard and Lampard, last year, you can't forget that they scored a tremendous amount of goals for midfield players.
  • Options
    I can't comment on every minute of every game because I haven't seen it, I doubt you have either. But from what I've seen of him he's performed alright but with a serious lack of goals compared to the start of last season. He's got himself into all the right positions to score the goals (which is the hardest part) he just hasn't stuck the ball in the back of the net. I think you'll find he'd admit to not scoring enough goals but I don't think he'd admit to all round under-performing.
    Last year he unleashed unstoppable drives from outside the box, which in turn changes the games, this year from what I've seen most of his efforts from distance haven't gone anywhere near the net. Once the goals start flying in like he's used to I doubt you'd be saying hes under-performed.
    He could of had at least 2 in the England game but its just not going in for him, that will change over the course of the season I reckon.
    Gerrard and Lampard, last year, you can't forget that they scored a tremendous amount of goals for midfield players.

Yes, Gerrard was fantastic last year which is why I'm saying he's been poor this year. He's not a poor player, but he's poor by his usual standards, very poor by his usual standards. This time last year he'd probably have had close to 10 goals by now and countless assists.

Getting into the right positions is all well and good but it's what you do that is cruicial. For instance Lampard got into all the right positions to shoot at the world cup (most shots on goal) but surely you can't say he didn't have anything but a very poor World Cup - probably England's worst player. Gerrard's been similar so far this season. Lampard has come good again (kind of), and I'm sure Gerrard will too.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

Are you?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

And you call me a 6 year old!!

Have you watched every Liverpool game from this season?
    Didn't think so.
    Shut up.
  • Options
    He's a goal-scoring midfielder who scored his first league goal in the last weekend in November.

Liverpool have one away league point.

Gerrard has been poor, and so has the rest of the team.