Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Taking E while having a cold

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been a while since i've done this and I vaguely remember the cold symtoms clearing up while high - anyone have any experience of this?

Fancy taking a few tonight but can't be bothered hanging about a club snuffling all night. :sour:

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Funny enough, I've got a stinking cold and have just been offered pills down the pub. I was seriously tempted but then remembered that everytime I've taken pills before whilst ill, only served to make my ilness twice as bad the next day.

Best bet is a few drinks mate before bed time. Hot toddies, whisky, a vindaloo and 10 pints :D that sort of thing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    rachie004 wrote:
    I had a yoke last night to sort out my headache :angel: can't see it not working on a cold ;)

I'd stick with the asprin if I were you. You know what your getting then and you don't have to suffer a comedown the next day.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    For me beans were the perfect anti decongestant and cure for headaches, even when i had an awful throat or hayfever rendered both nostrils useless.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I'd stick with the asprin if I were you. You know what your getting then and you don't have to suffer a comedown the next day.

I totally agree, the worst thing you can do is take pills on a cold. Yes it may make you feel fine for the duration of the pills but after.... terrible.

Your immune system is also out for a battering which is the last thing it needs..
  • Options
    hmm.. i remember i had a real shitty chest/throat infection for weeks which wouldnt fuck off.. i was putting off taking drugs and i thought fuck it and took a loada e's and woke up the next day feeling fine with no more sickness!

also, when i had fractured ribs taking e's seemed to get rid of any pain until half way through the next day

but then other times ive felt a bit shitty and went out on the drugs anyway and woke up feeling 10 times worse
  • Options
    Nah taking E's whilst having a cold is a bad idea...
    I find doing Speed is even worse though....if you're ill never, ever take speed! Fucks your immune system up big style...the fact that I've been doing it all week and I'm going to next weekend aswell and I have a fuck off big cold is not the point...
  • Options
    Don't do it mate. I did this once with quite a heavy cold and yes, my symptoms did clear up for the time I was high but I paid the price the next day! Not advised.
  • Options
    Always seems to me that after a heavy night of ecstacy, I'll wake up coughing or with a cold, or generally feeling fluish, usually lasting for a day. Immune system just goes to the dogs.

Me and my mates call it the 24 hour AIDS.
  • Options
    whqat rthe fuck is qa yoke?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    katralla wrote:
    whqat rthe fuck is qa yoke?
    Bit wasted last night Katralla? Its an E.
  • Options
    I've noticed that pills have the ability to cure any illness temporarily. Obviously never had anything too mental illness wise but cold/sore throat etc and also general aches and pains aren't really a problem. All means you can have a great night even if ill, i always brick it about having a constantly runny nose in a club and have to stand there snifflin into a tissue like a pedo but pills seem to allieviate that too in my experience. Course when u wake up with all your clothes on on the sofa in a room with 4 other people all in the same position at 5.30 in the afternoon ure gonna feel like absolute shit but thats what a good night out is all about. Alcohol's the worst when your ill waking up after a heavy drinking session quite often is the start of a cold.
  • Options
    kestrel wrote:
    I've noticed that pills have the ability to cure any illness temporarily.

Well of sorts its a cure, you feel really happy so you dont worry about it and the speed element of the MDMA will help as a decongestant. But it will do your immune system no good and could well mean what ever cold or illness you have lasts longer and gets worse.