Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

2cb

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the deal with this drug?
My dealer has just got some in and according to him it's a little bit like an E buzz but very trippy.
Anyone here tried it? What's it like and is it worth me trying, or should I just stick to getting some speed and some pills for the weekend?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    as far as i remember it can be dangerous goin over the recommended dosage (which is 20mg or something) so make sure your dealer has weighed it properly or weigh it yourself!

and..

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb/2cb.shtml
    z- wrote:
    as far as i remember it can be dangerous goin over the recommended dosage (which is 20mg or something) so make sure your dealer has weighed it properly or weigh it yourself!

and..

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb/2cb.shtml

It's the 2c-t-'x' drugs that can be very dangerous if you don't dose correctly.

Erowid will tell you the 'ideal' safe dosages.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is a site.org factsheet on it that gives you the basics on 2CB and 2C-i.
    The best description of it is further along the spectrum towards something like LSD than MDMA, but it isnt really a full on hallucinogenic (unless in high doses).

Erowid is, of course, and good place to research it, however thats really only a starting place.

I would be interested to know how it is being sold, as others have said it does have a very steap dosage curve and it is no where near as forgiving in terms of doing to much as MDMA is. If it is powder then start very small, 10mg is enough to feel effects, so if you are trying to dose pure powder then you need to be incredibly careful.
    budda wrote:
    The best description of it is further along the spectrum towards something like LSD than MDMA, but it isnt really a full on hallucinogenic (unless in high doses).

Erowid is, of course, and good place to research it, however thats really only a starting place.

I would be interested to know how it is being sold, as others have said it does have a very steap dosage curve and it is no where near as forgiving in terms of doing to much as MDMA is. If it is powder then start very small, 10mg is enough to feel effects, so if you are trying to dose pure powder then you need to be incredibly careful.

It's being sold as pills so I doubt they're pure. I guess about 2 or 3 pills should do the trick?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If I were you and I was sure I wanted to take them, I'd start with one and see. You have no idea what the dosage is, it seems the most sensible way forward...
    pill 'ed wrote:
    It's being sold as pills so I doubt they're pure. I guess about 2 or 3 pills should do the trick?

It is likely that the dose of a pill isnt going to be very high (that way you make more money) BUT this does not mean its a good idea to start necking two or three at the same time. Pills vary even within the same batch, and with something as reactive as this it would be seriously unwise.

The come up of 2CB is quite short anyway, so you will know within 30-40 mins how strong one is.
    Yeah you do both have a point, if I do decide to buy them then I'll start off with one ans see how it goes...
    How long does a trip last on 2cb? I've never taken LSD but I'm quite experienced with Shrooms, so will the hallucinations be something new to me or milder than mushrooms?
    Comparing drugs like that is always difficult, especially when it comes to things that are hallucinogenic because some people seem far more pre-disposed to visuals than others. 2CB is widely seen as a mid point between MDMA and the stronger hallucinogens such as LSD or mushrooms. It is more sensual than really vividly hallucinogenic, however it can produce strong visuals at the higher doses.

Off the top of my head the come up is about 20mins, then the peak of the experience is normally about 2-3hrs, and then it tapers off with the person back at baseline about around +6hrs or so. This obviously changes if you re-dose, but much like with MDMA long re-dosing isnt a good idea.

If you are going to do it for the first time, much like with any drug then out at a club isnt really a great idea, and mixing it with other things isnt also very wise on your first time.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I don' think I've ever tried it.
    Weekender Offender 
    I ended up buying 3 of those 2cb pills and I took them all....not all at once obviously I did as you advised and waited to come up on each one first before doing another...
    Yeah they're pretty much how they've been described, trippy but without intense visuals and a slight MDMA style buzz.....overall not a bad drug, or a bad night! :D

However they can't have been that pure if I managed to drop 3 of them
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I ended up buying 3 of those 2cb pills and I took them all....not all at once obviously I did as you advised and waited to come up on each one first before doing another...
    Yeah they're pretty much how they've been described, trippy but without intense visuals and a slight MDMA style buzz.....overall not a bad drug, or a bad night! :D

To be honest I wouldn't go all out saying what you bought were 2cb pills. Unless you tested them or have some real knowledge from reliable sources then take whatever a dealer tell you with a pinch of salt, even if you are great mates..
    pill 'ed wrote:

No pills are pure, you'd never get them to stick together, but even accounting for binders a 2CB pill isnt going to have much 2CB, it would be quite unlikely to have more than 10mg per pill.
    if i remember right, shogun has tried it, or it maybe turlough.
    pill'ed let me guess were you in the concorde saturday night?
    Haha no I wasn't actually, I was watching Less Than Jake up in brixton, a couple of my mates that aren't into Less Than Jake went down the concorde though. Nah I tried the 2cb friday night at my local club

All my mates that went said it was a phat night though, did you go?
    No I didn't but know a few people who did, wheres your local club down here then?
    Well I live just outside Uckfield so The Broadway.....and yes it's a FUCKING shithole! Hardly ever go there really, much prefer to go Brighton, or Tunbridge Wells is alright actually...
    if i remember right, shogun has tried it, or it maybe turlough.

Wasn't me, never tried it to my knowledge and near sure turlough hasn't either.
    I've bought 2cb before only to fins out that it was infact ecstasy. One of the rare times I've been stitched. For a while I think there was a bit about but I never managed to land any.
    Weekender Offender 
    I had some 2CB from a mate once. He bought it in powder form, and his dealer mixed it with alcohol for him. I had a few drops, and had some pills later too. I found that while I was up on the 2CB, I was very energetic (more speedy than MDMA) and felt quite wired, but not emphatic like with MDMA.
    Yeah that's why I'm pretty sure that what I got was 2cb but just not very strong... it was rushy in a sense but not like MDMA and I also don't think it was very much like Speed either, but was kinda trippy in a spaced out way but again not as intense like mushrooms or something.
    there was a thread ages ago about small pills with an 'i' on them, sure it was you shogun. remember reading about tripping with tracers, in the dark. i remember it clearly. dead certain, your obviously not though so :)
    That's right mate, sorry.

Though that time we thought it was 2ci, however it could have been anything really so maybe i have tried it, not knowlingly though.

Could have been high dose MDA even but that's right i remember those pills ages ago, they were pretty strong and trippy whatever was in them.

Found that thread from nearly 2 years ago if your interested pill'ed, could have been anything i ate then though.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=72863
    Those small white pills with an i on them were quite likely to be 2C-i, that was how they were being sold in Switzerland and some of them ended up over here.
    I recently purchaced some 2c-e from a good source online. Sounds like the hardest thing about using the 2c- drugs is the fact that you have to measure such small dosages out.
    I recently didnt go anywhere near some 2c-e.

Do not ever say things like that, its a fucking stupid thing to do in the US, do you know how long the bloke selling that sort of thing got in jail? 400 years or so.
    Are the 2cb related chemicals illegal throughout Europe. I only ask because there's a site I know willing to sell them (along with DMT), but not willing to ship to the UK, US or Australia?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Are the 2cb related chemicals illegal throughout Europe. I only ask because there's a site I know willing to sell them, but not willing to ship to the UK, US or Australia?

Yes, or at least I wouldnt want to risk it, I'm 99% sure they are all covered by the most recent change in the MDA which made most of the things in PIHKAL class A.
    budda wrote:
    Those small white pills with an i on them were quite likely to be 2C-i, that was how they were being sold in Switzerland and some of them ended up over here.

Heard someone mention that on here ages ago.

Are some of the eastern european countries not very relaxed on research chems?

I heard 2C-E is meant to be quite different than most of the other 2C's, someone on bluelight was saying it give him severe shits.