Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nutmeg

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Half heartedly watching an episode of Nigella Bites, she was making something with nutmeg in and said that in large quantities nutmeg is an hallucinogen. Is this true ?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, but it's dangerous and it makes you puke. Trust me when I say it's not worth it, I've tried.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Did you think you were a rice pudding ? :D
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Wow makes me wana try some now. Never knew nutmeg can do that :chin: :sour: :razz:
  • Options
    I've also heard that if you dry banana skins out until they crumble into dust and then smoke them then you get high...
    Me and my mates tried doing this but they never really dried out, they just turned into a lump of mushy stinking shit.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Yea i have heard that too, have tried it once didn't really do much same with smoking tea leaves they just give you head rush.

If there aint weed im not going to scope about for alternatives you cant really replace it
  • Options
    its also fatal in high doses.
  • Options
    its also fatal in high doses.

Nutmeg or dried banana skins?

Also if you were going to 'take some Nutmeg' (haha that sounds funny) how would you do it? Eat, snort, smoke? And what's the reccomended amount to make you trip but not kill you?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Nutmeg or dried banana skins?

Also if you were going to 'take some Nutmeg' (haha that sounds funny) how would you do it? Eat, snort, smoke? And what's the reccomended amount to make you trip but not kill you?

That banana skin thing is a myth.

Nutmeg can make you trip but as I said before I don't think it's worth it.

A mate and I necked loads of nutmeg we'd ground up, and used milk to wash it down. I couldn't hack it, got severe gut ache, and gashed everwhere.
    My mate kept his down, and said he did trip quite hard though he didn't like it, and it made him quite ill.
    Too much of it can be lethal.

It's not pleasant experience.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeh you're supposed to eat a fucking lot of the stuff, and it has to be ground up, and not in some other form so i've read.

And the effects are supposed to be pretty horrible, and can last well over 24hrs, and even days after a nasty feeling is felt. The stuff is basically poison in large amounts, that's why effects are felt!

Seems pointless.
  • Options
    Also heard about Nutmeg so did some investigating, about 6 teaspoons seems to be the recommended amount for an average weight male, so mixed it with milk and downed it, was bloody disgusting... 1 hour later started feeling sick but then came up a little with slight 'trippy' feel in my head that was similar to taking a few Sudafed or similar... sat down listened to some music and had a pleasant few hours... slept ok afterwards but the next day was awful! threw up, bad guts, hangover style feeling... lets just say the pleasantries did not out way the negatives so never took it again.
  • Options
    You're better off buying trips tbh.
  • Options
    It isnt a hallucinogen, although it will make you hallucinate, its actually a poison, its similar to taking an OD of paracetamol to trip. Not recommended.