Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can anyone help me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Can anyone help me

I received a caution in 2002 for possesion of cannabis. I have recently applied to become a member of staff with a youth organisation and have to go through a CRB check enhanced disclosure. I have no criminal convictions and the one caution I have was a silly mistake I have not taken part in since.
Will this appear on an enhanced disclosure?
I was also wrongfully arrested for harrasment recently and received NFA (No Further Action). Again I am concerned this will appear on an enhanced disclosure
I have obtained a copy of all info held on me and both of these are listed. I am theirfore inclined to believe I have a criminal record although neither went to court and one I didnt even commit.
Will these hinder any application to join a youth organisation. Hope someone can help me

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like criminal notes to me not criminal record.
  • Options
    The enhanced disclosure (as I understand it) will show those things up, and if you need one to work there then you will need to show it to them.

But, this shouldnt mean you are instantly bared from working there, both issues are easy enough to explain.
  • Options
    i had one a couple of years back and it showed up the one night i spent the ight in a cell for being drunk
  • Options
    Ive never been arrested, but couldnt you exercise your right to remain silent so they don't know who you are? :p
  • Options
    I think for that you still have to tell them who you are.

They will show on an enhanced dislosure, but they would be fairly easy to explain. There are a surprising number of people out there who have things that come up on an enhanced disclosure!