Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does she like me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I like this girl but as she lives really far away and we only talk on MSN Messenger, it's really hard for me to tell whether she likes me or not.

Normally our convo's go as far as "Hey, how are you, do much today, doing much on the weekend" etc.

I'm getting all mixed signs, I mean sometimes she'll talk to me on MSN for ages and other times she won't bother replying much, same with texting.

WHen we were on the issue of proms, she did say that I'd look 'cute' in a prom dress but then said 'I CANT BELIEVE I SAID THAT' (in caps) and her friends say she says no when they ask her if she likes me but they think she actually does but from the way she speaks to me sometimes I have no clue at all.

Any advice appreciated!
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    The only way to know for sure is to ask her. Hope you get the answer you want!
  • Options
    do you go out to meet her or just talk on MSN?
  • Options
    99% of all communication is unspoken, apparantly, its all about body language. and you miss that on msn (unless your chatting with video?!) the point is, your not going to get many clues like that whether this girl likes you or not, so the only way to know is to ask the question. :)
  • Options
    iNcognito wrote:
    I like this girl but as she lives really far away and we only talk on MSN Messenger, it's really hard for me to tell whether she likes me or not.

Normally our convo's go as far as "Hey, how are you, do much today, doing much on the weekend" etc.

I'm getting all mixed signs, I mean sometimes she'll talk to me on MSN for ages and other times she won't bother replying much, same with texting.

WHen we were on the issue of proms, she did say that I'd look 'cute' in a prom dress but then said 'I CANT BELIEVE I SAID THAT' (in caps) and her friends say she says no when they ask her if she likes me but they think she actually does but from the way she speaks to me sometimes I have no clue at all.

Any advice appreciated!
    Thanks.

she's just being friendly... There is no sign that she likes you as more than a chit-chat partner or something.
    I mean, there might be a slim chance, but I personally wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    wildchild wrote:
    The only way to know for sure is to ask her. Hope you get the answer you want!
    Thanks wildchild and otter. One more question though, how do I ask her?
    This might sound silly but we've been friends for years and if I just ask 'Will you go out with me' it's going to be really awkward for both of us and seeing as we don't live very close together, I cant really ask her if she'd like to go out somehwere with me or something.
    Any ideas?

And johnnyboy, we do rarely see eachother, rarely being maybe once or twice a year but we'll be going to uni soon and I guess it'll be easier to see eachother more often then.

SturbbleS, thanks for the advice but I'm not entirely sure if that's the case with us. Anyway, thanks for all your help guys! :)
  • Options
    well best of luck anyway man.
  • Options
    iNcognito wrote:

to be honest when im on msn il chat to someone for ages sometimes and then sometimes im just not in the mood... sorry to be harsh but it sounds like shes not bothered, because if i liked someone id at least make the effort with them on bloody msn.
    mind you ive found you cant really judge anything on msn so if you really like her then go for it.