Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do you meet friends?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, Mac here.

I'm wondering how you guys and girls make new friends? Hopefully this doesn't sound as silly as it seems.

I've finished Uni, and decided to stay in Brum as I have a great job here and there's nothing for me at home (think small village). Sadly my Uni friends have all moved away now they've finished.

Through work most people are much older than me (like 15 years older). The few that are around my age simply aren't interested in having another friend (perhaps I smell or something!).

So, how else can I go about meeting new people for friendship?

Comments

• Options
    I've just made a new group of friends by starting college. We went out for a drink and I met all their friends from school whilst out. It was that simple!

I know this sounds corny, but how about a society or club? Or start a new hobby or start an evening course in something you're interested in? Basically, get out as much as you can wherever you can.
  • Options
    the gym is a good place to meet people and make new friends :yes:
  • Options
    Mac doesn't do exercise. Mac is too skinny and unfit.

But I think a society or club or some sort may be the answer, just need to find something now!
  • Options
    Well there's a great reason to go to the gym.
  • Options
    just get out there. go to ur local and get chatting.
  • Options
    i doubt referring to yourself in the third person is exactly appealing to any potential new mates?!
  • Options
    From existing friends introducing ne to other people, going to pubs and clubs, uni.
  • Options
    Being introduced to other people by friends.
  • Options
    im going to a new college next year for the reason of meeting new friends, which i hope i do all i'll really regret moving...
    i think you should just join a club or you could go to local gigs and just chat to people in the crowd as that normally helps as you have music in common already so its not hard to make convo.