Home Health and Wellbeing
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cold / flu

SystemSystem Posts: 8,649 Staff Team
Ok, it's that time again. Who's come down with one or both of the above afflictions? I'm on the way. Been spending far too much time with diseased people.
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a cold in September, got rid of it and a few weeks later I had another one. :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah Ha!
    Ok, it's that time again. Who's come down with one or both of the above afflictions? I'm on the way. Been spending far too much time with diseased people.
    I have been using colostrum and anti oxidnets, so I am covered this winter. :cool:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i haven't had a cold yet.

    my mum and stepdad have both had one though and i've spent 2 weekends at home so i'll probably end up getting it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    I have been using colostrum and anti oxidnets, so I am covered this winter. :cool:

    seriously, how many tablets do you take a day?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seriously, how many tablets do you take a day?
    Not that many, why do you ask.

    I take orally, vitamins and minerals.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Me atm :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Not that many, why do you ask.

    I take orally, vitamins and minerals.


    you know why i ask.

    in every thread in here that you make you comment 'oh i take such and such for that'.

    surely it's best to derive the vitamins and minerals you need mostly from the food you eat?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yep ive had it and still got it :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    I have been using colostrum
    as in breastmilk?
    whos your wet-nurse?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Brenda, from over the road :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you know why i ask.

    in every thread in here that you make you comment 'oh i take such and such for that'.

    surely it's best to derive the vitamins and minerals you need mostly from the food you eat?
    Keep thinking that, if you want.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    as in breastmilk?
    whos your wet-nurse?
    Yeah, I have been waiting outside the maternity wards.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Keep thinking that, if you want.


    i will.

    because i'm right. :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i will.

    because i'm right. :rolleyes:
    Again, thats your opinion!
  • smitherzsmitherz Converted to the darkside Posts: 968
    i have a good immune system so i rarely catch colds/flu :thumb:
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 Incredible Poster
    I've got a good immune system too :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no, i had a cold a few weeks ago when school started, everyone seemed to bring a kind of freshers flu with them

    i had flu for the first time in january though....never felt so bad in my life
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Again, thats your opinion!


    well i'd say it's more than opinion, isn't it?

    i'm sure doctors would recommend that you seek to get the neccessary vitamins/minerals you wish to take from foods rather than supplements. they are called supplements for a reason i.e. to supplement your diet not replace it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well i'd say it's more than opinion, isn't it?

    i'm sure doctors would recommend that you seek to get the neccessary vitamins/minerals you wish to take from foods rather than supplements. they are called supplements for a reason i.e. to supplement your diet not replace it.
    Again, thats your opinion!

    And whos talking about replacing my diet. :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it's not my stuffing opinion ffs!!!!!!!!!!

    you wouldn't need to take all of these supplements if you ate properly.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it's not my stuffing opinion ffs!!!!!!!!!!

    you wouldn't need to take all of these supplements if you ate properly.
    Again, thats your opinion!

    How do you know what I eat? I eat good and healthy thankyou!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Again, thats your opinion!

    How do you know what I eat? I eat good and healthy thankyou!


    stop telling me that's my opinion. it is common sense to eat a balanced diet instead of shoving all of these tablets in your gob.

    how do i know what you eat? i don't. but i'm going to assume that you don't eat very well because if you did, you wouldn't have any need whatsoever to consume as many vitamins/minerals as you appear to!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stop telling me that's my opinion. it is common sense to eat a balanced diet instead of shoving all of these tablets in your gob.

    how do i know what you eat? i don't. but i'm going to assume that you don't eat very well because if you did, you wouldn't have any need whatsoever to consume as many vitamins/minerals as you appear to!!

    I have been advised by my doctor to take vit b complex as it helps absorb other vitamins better and gives you more enegry, dispite what i eat.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stop telling me that's my opinion. it is common sense to eat a balanced diet instead of shoving all of these tablets in your gob.

    how do i know what you eat? i don't. but i'm going to assume that you don't eat very well because if you did, you wouldn't have any need whatsoever to consume as many vitamins/minerals as you appear to!!
    Thats one very ignorant post.

    As a matter of fact, I am engaged in intense regular excersise which depletes the body of vitamins and minerals. Realistically you can not get all your vitamins through a diet (unless you eat loads and get fat). And what you do get through food is only merely to keep you out of deficience. I supplement with additional vitamin minerals for overall health, repair my body, keep me out of a catabolic state the list goes on. Its couch potatoes that dont need vitamins not me! I supplement with protein powders, AAS also because how my lifestyle is.

    So please dont post making me out to be some sort of mug, when in fact I know what I am talking about thank you!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    smitherz wrote:
    i have a good immune system so i rarely catch colds/flu :thumb:

    Mines shit :(:) The last cold i got, and i mean cold not influenza, put me in hospital for a bloody fortnight :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't doubt that you know what you're talking about but i don't understand why you feel the need to take all of these supplements when you say you eat well and exercise.

    i used to take a multivitamin but i could never get into the routine of it so i gave up - and i'm fairly healthy!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Mines shit :(:) The last cold i got, and i mean cold not influenza, put me in hospital for a bloody fortnight :(

    :( Mine is nearly as bad. Always take me at least 2-3 weeks to recover from a cold then I get another one.:( And I seem to be the only one (apart from when I gave it to my dad) in our house that ever gets colds.:(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't doubt that you know what you're talking about but i don't understand why you feel the need to take all of these supplements when you say you eat well and exercise.

    i used to take a multivitamin but i could never get into the routine of it so i gave up - and i'm fairly healthy!
    Thats your problem then. As I said before when you live my sort of life style, you cannot be defficiant in anything, you need the extra support.

    Im sure I take more vitamins pwo then most people here take in a month, because they repair my body.

    And do you engage in intense weight training? If not you wont understand.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:

    And do you engage in intense weight training? If not you wont understand.


    no i'm a girl.

    wouldn't be too attractive.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you lead a normal healthy lifestyle then a normal healthy diet will provide you with everything you need.

    If however like HIT seems to you go in for manic weight training then you may need to supplement a normal diet ( but then you are putting your body through far more than it's intended to do).
Sign In or Register to comment.