Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pain when getting turned on

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know what could be causing this;its been worrying me for a while now. whenever i get turned on, i start to get a pain 'down there'...and its wierd bcos it feels like the pain is coming from actually inside my bits, LOL
any ideaS?

Comments

• Options
    you could have an STI if you've had sex before? or even if you havnt you can still get things like thrush
    you could visit your local GUM clinic to check
  • Options
    i'm sure i should know this but you are male OR female ?
    if its appeared recently it could be an std, you could have sprained it or bruised it?!
  • Options
    can you sprain it?! i guess its possible if your a boy, i assumed they were a girl... (sorry if your not!!!)
  • Options
    playdead wrote:
    can you sprain it?! i guess its possible if your a boy, i assumed they were a girl... (sorry if your not!!!)
    yep. you can sprain it.
    if your a girl, more than likely 'tis bruised ... from too much action may be :p
  • Options
    oo i never knew that! how interesting & strange
  • Options
    im a girl, and there is no chance of it being bruised! it occurs when i first start getting turned on, but then when i get 'wet' it goes?
    im so worried, what STI could it be?
  • Options
    I don't know the circumstances, but could it be friction is it goes when you get wet?
  • Options
    well are you sure it's pain and not a strong sensation of horm that you are kinda brain-wise confusing with pain?
  • Options
    scary monster - no it couldnt be friction, lol
    katralla - its not so much a pain, but an ache, inside me :confused:
  • Options
    All the time or varies with time of the month?
  • Options
    Good point scary, you might get a kinda pullting or tugging sensation in your womb at times during your cycle (unless that's just me? lol) Or, it might just be a more intense feeling than you're used to or expecting. If so, I'd try distraction, like pinching and twisting your nipple if it happens when self-loving - see if that helps?
  • Options
    i REALLY think you should get checked at a GUM clinic as it sounds like you have an STI. i'm not sure which but if you go there they will tell you and give you medicine and clear it
    its worth checking because if you leave it too long you may not be able to fix the damage done
    also, its free to go so you don't loose anything from going and its better to be safe than sorry instead of ending up being e.g not being able to have kids later in life because you didn't check
  • Options
    playdead wrote:
    i REALLY think you should get checked at a GUM clinic as it sounds like you have an STI. i'm not sure which but if you go there they will tell you and give you medicine and clear it
    its worth checking because if you leave it too long you may not be able to fix the damage done
    also, its free to go so you don't loose anything from going and its better to be safe than sorry instead of ending up being e.g not being able to have kids later in life because you didn't check

I'm sure you mean well but i get pain like that and i don't have an STD. No need to scare the poor girl.
  • Options
    playdead - i was gonna go to one soon anyway, BUT the nearest one to me is horrible+they look down at you ( i went with a mate for support once )

scary - i havent thought about if its at particular times more than others, but its something il think about.
  • Options
    I get a sort of aching feeling when i'm really turned on and due on my period. It's not like a pain but i guess a dull ach, but it goes pretty quickly. Sometimes it happens if i'm really tunred on as well.
  • Options
    the nearest one to me is horrible+they look down at you
    thats normal
    thing is, sod what they think or what you think they think - your health is more important
  • Options
    ^^ That was the kind of thing I was thinking about.
  • Options
    playdead wrote:
    i REALLY think you should get checked at a GUM clinic as it sounds like you have an STI.

which STI presents as pain on arousal then?
  • Options
    Playdead,

I really don't think you can diagnose an STI from that level of information. Or maybe you are suitably qualified and have magical powers?

Telling people you think they have an STI is cruel.

OP, if it's been going on a while then you should get checked out, the GUM clinic are the experts here (they don't just do STIs but any problems with that region), or you could try your regular doctors.

You said they were fairly unpleasant when you went with your mate, I've found that one of the ones round me varies hugely so they may well be nice this time.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    which STI presents as pain on arousal then?
    any std which causes sores can
  • Options
    It sounds like it's the equivalent of the dreaded "blue balls" in men! When women get sexually excited blood flows into the genital and uterine regions which can result in pelvic congestion that can sometimes be felt as pain. I get this as well and my doc said there was nothing to worry about (in my case at least). Guess if you are worried about it then get it checked out but sounds pretty benign if you aren't getting it at any other time.
  • Options
    Playdead,

I really don't think you can diagnose an STI from that level of information. Or maybe you are suitably qualified and have magical powers?

OP, if it's been going on a while then you should get checked out, the GUM clinic are the experts here (they don't just do STIs but any problems with that region), or you could try your regular doctors.

You said they were fairly unpleasant when you went with your mate, I've found that one of the ones round me varies hugely so they may well be nice this time.

Sorry, but in what way is that cruel!!!!!?
    Honestly...

She's asked for advice, playdead gave it.

Basically, she says she gets pain when turned on, id say its something she should go to the doctors and sort out really, instead of guessing.

Sugar Mouse. Its up to you, either you go to the GUM clinic or your doctors, and sort it. Or you worry about how you think the person 'looks down' on you. At the end of the day its your body. If you're worried sort it. If you're more worried about how a doctor may appear to 'look down' on you, then thats a bit silly, do you not think?
  • Options
    I dont have any idea what it is to tell you sorry, but I have been having the same thing happen to me over the last few weeks.
    I have been having some health problems in that area so I thought it was connected to that but now that I read here it happens to other people, I'm not sure.
    I know I dont have an STI so its not that for me, but you could get checked for your own reassurance (as others have alrdy said).

Trelexnor:
    When women get sexually excited blood flows into the genital and uterine regions which can result in pelvic congestion that can sometimes be felt as pain. I get this as well and my doc said there was nothing to worry about (in my case at least). Guess if you are worried about it then get it checked out but sounds pretty benign if you aren't getting it at any other time.

sounds a reasonable explanation to me but then how come you can get it some times and not others?
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Sorry, but in what way is that cruel!!!!!?
    Honestly...

I personally think ( and would find) being told that you have an STI without any real evidence is cruel. It's not exactly a nice thing to hear!
  • Options
    It may not be a nice thing to hear, but whats the use of asking if you only get replies from people tip toeing round the subject!!?!

Lets face it, shes in pain, but wont go to the doctor, cos, according to her mate, the doctors 'look down on people'
  • Options
    Playdead,

im not saying she has one for sure but i think its best to check incase even if your 99% sure you don't have one you should still check because it could ruin your life later. thats my opinion anyway
  • Options
    Also don't not go because people look down on you, 1. you'll probably never see them again anyway 2. its none of their business what you do and your acting more responsible then most by going to the clinic 3. Their there so they can't really look down on you as there in the same situation!
  • Options
    I'm not saying don't go to a GUM clinic, I'm merely saying you shouldn't tell people that you think they have an STI. I'm all for getting things checked but there's no need to scare monger.

If I read correctly (bit of a novelty round here I know) I think she found from personnal experience that staff at the GUM clinic looked down on people when she was there with a mate.
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    It may not be a nice thing to hear, but whats the use of asking if you only get replies from people tip toeing round the subject!!?!

Lets face it, shes in pain, but wont go to the doctor, cos, according to her mate, the doctors 'look down on people'

erm..i never said i wouldnt og to the doctors, and its not according ot my mate; i went with her and saw how the receptionists looked at her.

dont worry guys, i am going to go anyway, just didnt know if his problem could be connected.

intrepide - that explanation could explain alot, because it happens more when im suddenly v v turned on+not so much wen it happens gradually.
  • Options
    sometimes i get so turned on it hurts but i kinda like it :blush: