Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Really sexy booger drainage stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, around fall and all winter when I go to bed I die. My nose is always very stuffy and gross and when I sleep it all drips its way down, I end up snoring because I cannot breathe thru my nose and I wake up in the most pain ever. The back of my throat is raw, sore and always a bit swollen. Can't swallow, can't talk... the pain is similar to if I had strep.

If I take a decongestin before be it helps a bit. As thats what the dr's have reccomended when I've asked before.

But it hurts so :( So I come here asking if anybody else suffers this and what they do to combat it, either preemptivly or after the fact.
Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I use zinc tablets. They really help me decongest.... And they are great antioxidents.
    HIT wrote:
    I use zinc tablets. They really help me decongest.... And they are great antioxidents.

Is it a better decongest than sudafed (pseudoephedrine)? I was gonna go out and buy some of that but I bet Zinc is alot cheaper
    ew
    what about rubbing some vicks on your chest before bed?!
    Because I don't want to smell like a hospital or hospice. Vick's doesn't do crap for me anyways.

I was thinking it would be something more complicated, but anybody I ask just says use something to help decongest... I hope it works, it hurts :(
    my_name wrote:
    Is it a better decongest than sudafed (pseudoephedrine)? I was gonna go out and buy some of that but I bet Zinc is alot cheaper
    Pseudo ephedrine and caffeine are both great decongestants. However I do feel people should use with caution when using ephedrine based products, because usually they go OTT. Theres a product out called vics first defence (or something along the lines of that) which is sold in the U.K, weather you have it in the US, its a nasal spray that contains zinc to my knowledge.
    :flirt: don't be jelous of the boogers

I'll look for the nasal spray, thanks :)
    You should go be a RPH, Hit
    I just looked it up and the D in my Allegra D is pseudoephedrine, so I'll probably just get that sudafed as the Allegra D is too expensive Because you all wanted to know my executive decision, I know :rolleyes:
    I'm bored
    Packers are winning, woo
    Most antihistamines have decongestant properties too.

Steaming head and/or hot drinks seem to help a lot too.
    Olbas Oil, i don't know if you have it in the US, it's menthol and eucalyptus oils, and maybe summat like good ol' camphor too. Put a few drops on the pillow at night, so you can breath it in without smelling of it the next day, like you would with Vicks on ya badoobies :)