Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Missed 1st pill of packet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've searched but can't find the answer to this. I've just had my 7 day break on femodene and i forgot to take my 1st pill yesterday. On thesite 'missed a pill' infomation page it says i should be covered but there's nothing in my pill booklet about it. It also says missing one pill is ok, but my booklet says that its not. So confused!! is it ok to have an 8 day break?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its never a good idea to miss a pill regardless. Take the pill that you missed, which I guess you have done and take today's as well. Make sure you use an extra form of contraception such as a condom for the next seven days to make sure you are protected. Why don't you try setting a daily alarm on your mobile phone to help you remember to take your pill?

Hope that helps :)
    Edit-double post.
    Like the above said, take the one you missed, take the next one as you usually would and use 'extra protection' for the next 7 days.
    wow, what pill are u on?

if there`s no mention of missed pills in ur booklet, i`d write and complain!

i agree with the alarm shout though, great idea :)
    they mention missed pills but not if its the 1st one in the packet
    the same thing applies, take the one you`ve forgotton asap, then take the others as usual....

if u missed it, use extra protection x
    If in doubt, phone the fpa! Thats what I do whenever I'm unsure about something, they're really lovely and have never failed to reassure me. Either that or phone your local family planning clinic. Although I have to say, I've read the same thing in many places about it being ok to miss the first pill in the pack, but it could do you good to check that advice is relevant with the type of pill you're on.