Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wife beater

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is this the most unfunny name for a good drink ever.
first time i heard it somebody tried to laugh but i wasn't having any of it. what a rubbish name for a drink.

Comments

• Options
    it's what beer boys but not as good as rugby men call stella.
  • Options
    stella is crap anyway, but yea agreed, wife beater is a crap name for it, it seems to be bad people who call it that.
  • Options
    I findit hilarious and I love the drink so move over pussies I'm on the rampage!!!!!
    :D
  • Options
    I don't see the issue with it, If you have a sense of humour.
    I prefer Fostors to Stella though :p
  • Options
    I prefer Fosters to Stella though :p
    urgh don't swear at me!!!!
  • Options
    I don't see the issue with it, If you have a sense of humour.
    I prefer Fostors to Stella though :p

no this is my point. wifebeater would be funny like i could cause death just by looking at someone a certain way. just imagine if you saw the one beating a woman up. kicking her in. why ppl should verbalise these unfunny tendancies represents what went wrong in ppl's life. i'd only beat a woman up if she threatend my child or became really anti-me. alcohol wouldn't come into it. it's not a SOH thing. beating people up would only be funny if you were vicous and cruel. i'm a fuck i love to beat people up. i like to see them squirm and live miserable crippled lives. i will destroy your life after i've had a good time on drink. BASTARDS. with NO SOH.
  • Options
    no this is my point. wifebeater would be funny like i could cause death just by looking at someone a certain way. just imagine if you saw the one beating a woman up. kicking her in. why ppl should verbalise these unfunny tendancies represents what went wrong in ppl's life. i'd only beat a woman up if she threatend my child or became really anti-me. alcohol wouldn't come into it. it's not a SOH thing. beating people up would only be funny if you were vicous and cruel. i'm a fuck i love to beat people up. i like to see them squirm and live miserable crippled lives. i will destroy your life after i've had a good time on drink. BASTARDS. with NO SOH.
    that's taking things far too seriously.
    and it doesnt represent anything that's wrong in my life. it's people like you with your preconsecptions that give people a bad name!
  • Options
    yeeeeeahhh wife beater.
  • Options

Oh my god. What?
  • Options
    people who actually do beat their wives probably don't even drink stella. far too expensive. more like white lightning
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    kangoo wrote:
    people who actually do beat their wives probably don't even drink stella. far too expensive. more like white lightning

Yeah only poor blokes beat their wives.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I like Stella. Just had a couple of pints of it actually. Yuuuum.
  • Options
    I can kinda see the point though. I avoid it like the plague as when I drink it I do get all lairy. As do other people. It is kinda insensitive though.
  • Options
    Can understand it, Stella makes me go fucking crazy! :shocking:

Buckfast makes ya fuck fast! :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Buckfast makes ya fuck fast! :thumb:

But it looks like prune juice. What does it taste of again?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    But it looks like prune juice. What does it taste of again?
    Shit? Cough medicine?
  • Options
    ooh cough medicine, yummmm
  • Options
    I really want to try some Buckfast now, but I've never seen it on sale anywhere...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I really want to try some Buckfast now, but I've never seen it on sale anywhere...
    I dont think i've ever seen it on sale in England.
  • Options
    I think we used to sell it in the offy i worked in. Orangey label with i think a monk type person on and a bunch of grapes
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I think we used to sell it in the offy i worked in. Orangey label with i think a monk type person on and a bunch of grapes
    Yup. Thats the shit. About 90% of it is sold in one town in Scotland which shall remain nameless. Or so I heard.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:

In brum?
  • Options
    Yush. Managed one in Hagley Road, and was dep manager in one in West Heath
  • Options
    It's made in Devon.

Mainly a Scottish, Northern Irish and Irish drink. Though you can get it in England in some places. Tastes like shit the first time you drink it. Get's better with time though.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote:
    It's made in Devon.

Mainly a Scottish, Northern Irish and Irish drink. Though you can get it in England in some places. Tastes like shit the first time you drink it. Get's better with time though.

It's quite popular round this way. Made in devon (just down the road) and bottled in Andover (also just down the road).

I used to drink it though havn't touched it in years.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    is this the most unfunny name for a good drink ever.
    first time i heard it somebody tried to laugh but i wasn't having any of it. what a rubbish name for a drink.
    i agree
  • Options
  • Options
    Kronenberg 1664 is far nicer.
  • Options
    Strongbow (I know it's not a beer but meh), HB Extra Cold, Budvar, Budweiser and Guinness are all better than Stella, Fosters or any of that shit...

They even call it Wife Beater in Austria, I was talking to an Austrian in a bar in Innsbruck and we were just talking about Austrian beer and beer in general, I asked him if he liked Stella Artois? He replied with.... "Vife Beater? Ahahahaha nein, nein"
  • Options
    wow, some people take things farrrrrrr too seriously