Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

chips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what's your favourite chip. size, content, shape and how cooked

Comments

• Options
    what's your favourite chip. size, content, shape and how cooked

i'm gonna be fussy about chips from now on. nobody's got chips right yet. i'm going to troul the supermarkets and see what's available here. then i'll look abroad and try other ppl's chips.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The best sort of chips are home made oven chips. Cut them up, blanche them in hot water, lightly coat them in oil and oven cook til crisp. Beeooootiful :yum:
  • Options
    ps i was sad about pluto too.
  • Options
    My favourite were the rough cut chunky chips daddy did in our deep fryer at home. Nothing has tasted like them since.

But, I like crisp on outside, fluffy inside, fresh, dry (as opposed to greasy)
  • Options
    i'm not a big fan of chips at all.

oven chips = major ming.

dont like frozen potatos at all, those frozen roast potatoes suck as well, as do waffles.

if im having chips they need to be homemade.
  • Options
    ps i was sad about pluto too.

you're not normal, are you?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    koe_182 wrote:

oven chips = major ming.

:yes: I also dislike other frozen potato including croquettes, waffles, roasties... the list is endless.

I like fries from my local cafe. I also like fish & chip shop chips - but most people think I'm weird for liking the really crunchy ones at the bottom.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Ooh, no, crunchy is good.
  • Options
    Double fried. Time consuming, for a chip, but they tatse superb.
  • Options
    i want:
    crunchy, medium sized but not too starchy, possibly crinkle cut - but not overcooked crinkles. chips don't need to be greesy, they are the exception in food. greesy chips are not necessary. i think i could have the perfect forumla
  • Options
    i only like squidgey chips :D when i get chips from the chippy i press them with my fork first to see how squidgey they are before i eat them hehe
  • Options
    french fries - crispy
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:

It's the only way to go. Best made from King Edwards.
  • Options
    home made, oven chips made from maris piper, heat butter in the roasting tin and shake the chips around in that and cook on a high heat till crispy. Salt, vinegar, mayonnaise.
    I make chips the same as I do roasties, just chipshaped.
    I dont have vinegar on roasties tho.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    you're not normal, are you?
    He was actually responding to something that I had said elsewhere with that comment :)
  • Options
    normal aint nothing - take normal's laughs. the only thing normal about people is the way they laugh. and that represents all that i hate about society. their crap laughs. how simple their sense of humour is. how pathetic their laughs are. it drove me away from normal at a young age and made me want to be a better person than fucking normal. fucking normal - normal isn't nothing. wait till you hear me laugh with thought, depth, accuracy. it'll smoke any fucking 'normal' laugh. just like i raise the bar in bed. men arn't fucking like i fuck. you'll have had good sex over the last week thanks to MY NORMAL. that's thanks to me and my outlook on life, not some shitty half man that they all are. normal isn't jack shit, normal wont change nothing. normal doesn't fuck like humans (like me) should fuck, normal doesn't laugh like i laugh and normal doesn't spread life to all. normal isn't nothing. but go on all aspire to be normal, it'll make my job a whole lot fucking easier. normal isn't nothing. i hate the word. pussy fucking normal, normal fucking fucked my head up and results in what you see today. normal isn't jack. ppl who want to be normal in life end up with mortages and £20k jobs in middle management and shelf stack asda. normal isn't nothing.

i'll be a millionaire with my take on 'normal' i will dismiss any preconeceptions and make those personalities turn like no-one knew themselves. YOU WAIT. i don't even speak normal english i have my own words to express my feelings, they SMASH normal. normal aint nothing in life, don't waste my time with common put downs you trash.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I like to boile mine for 5 - 7 mins first then cooked in beef dripping :D delish :D
    only half about 1 or 2 times a fortnight though.
  • Options
    Frozen chips are mingin'
    although french fries are nice.

I prefer Homemade/hand cut, Dunked in the fryer for a few minutes and left to rest for a bit, before dunkin' 'em again

Woo woo, Soft and crispy!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Sovereign mate, start a new thread if you must but your last post had nothing to do with chips....
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Not fussed about chips at all - I find them dull and boring. There are far better things to do with a potato.

The only chip I do seem to really enjoy is the fatty soggy fucker from the fish a chip shop. With plenty opf vinegar, a little salt and good bit of pepper too :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    King Edwards are much better for chipping. They go really soft and fluffy, but go really crunchy on the outside.

I don't really go for chips except from the chippy, I much prefer roasties.
  • Options
    no home cooked chip can beat chippy-chips
  • Options
    Wow, you guys actually cut up potatoes and make chips yourself! Crikey, the fact that I'm incredulous shows how un-cooky I really am. I like chips from the chinese.