Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do I hide it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was recently self-harmed for the first time in a while, I have a night out on Saturday and I have these cuts on my arms and I need to hide them. I’m really starting to panic I have no idea what to do, does anyone else have any ideas? Anything and very thing would be helpful thank you. xxx

Comments

• Options
    Bangles?

Long sleeved top?

Sticking plaster?
  • Options
    long sleeve tops, bandages, wrist bands, scarves tied round your wrist
  • Options
    wrist band always worked
  • Options
    just hold your wrists back and at 30 degrees when you walk and make a statement to others. don't be ashamed, impose your distress on others and make them feel your pain. shout scream and make the ppl listen. be what you are now cos it's that same person in your personality that made you self harm.
  • Options
    wear a tubigrip and say you've sprained your wrist. they go all the way up to your elbow so you can hide as much as you like, and they won't fall off or move like bangles might. make up some uber boring story about how you did it and people won't question
  • Options
    i have heard that rescue remedy can work. I think it is like a cream that you rub in and it can help hide scars and wounds. not sure as ive never used it but maybe worth checking out!
  • Options
    just hold your wrists back and at 30 degrees when you walk and make a statement to others. don't be ashamed, impose your distress on others and make them feel your pain. shout scream and make the ppl listen. be what you are now cos it's that same person in your personality that made you self harm.

My god he's finally been banned! Useless that he was :rolleyes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    My god he's finally been banned! Useless that he was :rolleyes:

Was this really necessary?

Yes, he was a bit eccentric but he was just crying out for help most of the time. Anyway, this has already been discussed elsewhere.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    wear a tubigrip and say you've sprained your wrist. they go all the way up to your elbow so you can hide as much as you like, and they won't fall off or move like bangles might. make up some uber boring story about how you did it and people won't question
    That's what my sister used when she was younger to hide her fresh scars...
  • Options
    if your quite punky or gothic wear some arm warmers or if not just try to covering it up with foundation or wear a long sleeved top.
  • Options

Sorry, I'm just in that type of mood tonight, and tbh, his reply was completely disrespectful, and alot worse than mine.

I wasn't aware that he had been "discussed" elsewhere either (which sounds even worse tbh)
  • Options
    foundation, bracelets, hairband? hold your bag infront of it, wear a watch?
  • Options
    wear a long sleeved top.
    its autumn now so you shouldnt have any problems hiding it like that.
  • Options
    Wear a jacket. If you get too hot, carry it over your arm.
  • Options
    hey thanks for all your sugeestions i end up wearing a long sleved top and some conclearer which worked pretty well as only one person noticed which is good thanks alot. xx
  • Options
    wouldnt a scarf around your wrist be a bit much? the other ideas are good though
    yeh true it does look a bit out of place but you can get away with it
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    :yes: This is what I've always done.

Its alright temporarily. If you wear it too much though people start to ask questions.

I wear lots of bracelets on my wrist to cover the scars that are still a little visible. I'm lucky though and most of my scars are now so faded (due to years of using scar treatment) that most people don't notice them. I can see them though and if I pointed them out, people would then notice them.
  • Options
    Do you know what made you self harm again?
    hope youre ok.
  • Options
    I always wore long sleeves...

Just a note, are you taking care of it? You should avoid wearing wooly tops over it as it will pull at the scabs. Put savlon on it and make sure it is kept clean.