Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

love bites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
it's been a while.
do ppl still do this.

Comments

• Options
    they onlyhappen by accident now and it's a slight small one usually

at school weused to love having them plastered all over our necks :(
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:

at school

i came in one morning with a love bite in yr10 and was well shy an on the bus i kept a rock solid straight face i thought ppl would think i'd faked it. iinvited my classmate to smell my fingers that day by way of proof.
  • Options
    they feel lovely to get done, but they look shit if theyre in a highly visible place.
  • Options
    . iinvited my classmate to smell my fingers that day by way of proof.
    :sour: lmao
  • Options
    i came in one morning with a love bite in yr10 and was well shy an on the bus i kept a rock solid straight face i thought ppl would think i'd faked it. iinvited my classmate to smell my fingers that day by way of proof.
    :lol:
  • Options
    i iinvited my classmate to smell my fingers that day by way of proof.

... that you had put it up the correct hole?
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of them. Only one I've ever gotten was by accident.
  • Options
    Never had one! It did used to make me laugh when people at school where wearing polo shirts in May because their necks looked liked they been savaged.
  • Options
    I love having my neck kissed etc but hate love bites, so irritating to hide and don't like flashing my private life to the world.
  • Options
    they feel lovely to get done, but they look shit if theyre in a highly visible place.

Agreed.

It looks a bit tacky but then again I would usually take that as a fair enough trade off for the enjoyment factor.
  • Options
    yeah, theres always makeup and polonecks.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    ... that you had put it up the correct hole?
    :lol:

SO should be post of the week!!
  • Options
    invited my classmate to smell my fingers that day by way of proof.

... that you'd been at the scampi fries again?
  • Options
    i've never had one and don't really want one as they seem alot of effort to hide
    i'm glad they stop when you get older i'm always worried my boyfriend will give me one when i dont want one haha x
  • Options
    I've only ever got them by accident, but I just put the slightest bit of foundation over them to tone them down if they're noticeable and don't go to too much more effort to hide them. My method of thinking is don't attract more attention to the area than necessary. So if it's on my neck... hair down and a bit of foundation, and I've got away with it.
  • Options
    I think they are awful, I got one by accident (tripped on the hoover, like u do ;) )
    Didn't realise I had it til 2 days later :nervous:
  • Options
    I was told by a girl in my uni class that her brother got one, he's 15. So it must still happen with the young 'uns
  • Options
    my friend still gets them and shes 16, i think its a bit weird though no one else in my year seems to get them anymore, that i've noticed although saying that i think 1 girl did a couple of months ago
  • Options
    Sounds like they're catching then! Must one of those skin conditions that only affects kids then! :lol:
  • Options
    Maybe the skin toughens up? I used to get them really bad when I first started making out, but I rarely get them anymore. I have one on the back of my neck because my boyfriend usually doesn't attack that far back.
  • Options
    My boyfriend likes to give love bites...and he's 43! Wish he'd grow up :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I love having my neck nibbled/bitten, but HATE lovebites, they look sooo tacky IMO.
    I tell him to keep them to somewhere they can't be seen, so I currently have one on the top of each breast...they still look manky though, wish they'd hurry up and fade! Thing is I didn't even notice him making those ones, until they appeared the next day!
  • Options
    I tend to get a little tooooooooooo excited and end up biting my bf ooops! usually it's just where no one can see them, but the other week i did it just above the collar of where his t-shirts reach and i think his mother's words were ''why have you got that THERE?? you look like you should be on the Jeremy Kyle show''

... anyway, i like him biting me, i'm not into s&m or anything, but sometimes it feels nice when he gives them ?
  • Options
    I hate them but my boyfriends gives them to me all over my boobs and stuff lmao even though he doesnt like them either lol