Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Royal Mail - Twats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I put a claim in for housing benefit on 2/8. Took proof of rent to council 4/9 and heard bugger all. Just phoned the benefits service, what's happening to my claim, it's been 7 weeks since you saw my proof of rent.

' Oh, we sent you a letter to confirm you'd shown us your proof and we were processing your claim, but it was returned by Roayl Mail stamped "Addressee not at this residence" so we cancelled your claim. Sorry but you'll have to claim again. '

Fucking fucking fucking assholes. Phone RM to complain, ' Sorry there's fuck all we can do about it, how about a book of stamps to say sorry ? '

TOSSERS

Comments

• Options
    maybe it was the fault of the housing benefit people and they got your address or name wrong. because why would RM send it back if it posts other things to your address.
  • Options
    Did you take the stamps? :)

I was excited the other week because I got a letter and they hadn't stamped the stamp so I could reuse it omg :D
  • Options
    That sounds like a cock-up by the DSS not the Royal Mail, to be honest. A letter would only be returned by the occupier of an address, not by the postman, so either the letter was sent to the wrong address (in which case it would be put back in the post for a second attempt) or the DSS put the wrong address on the envelope.
  • Options
    Or i spose it got put through the wrong door and the ignorant gits couldn't walk down the street to my door.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Or i spose it got put through the wrong door and the ignorant gits couldn't walk down the street to my door.

If it got returnedm like that it wouldn't have said addressee not at this address on the sticker. That is solely for when the person puts "not at this address" on the envelope, or return to sender.

I expect that it is the DSS who are lying to you, mate. They're good at that. It's the only thing they are good at.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I expect that it is the DSS who are lying to you, mate. They're good at that. It's the only thing they are good at.

It's Birmingham City Council Benefits Service, and they're a right load of twats, so could well be.
  • Options
    How wank. When we were claiming housing benefit it took them 6 months to sort it out!
  • Options
    mine took a couple of weeks!
  • Options
    Well i brought something on ebay a few weeks ago and i paid and the item never turned up. I emailed the seller ho assured me he had posted it and emailed me a photo of proof of purchase. So i checked at the sorting office and nothing there. The seller then emailed me to say the item had been returned to him as i hadn't been to claim it. Now i hd no note through my door, and there was nothing at the sorting office so what the hell?!?...
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    It's Birmingham City Council Benefits Service, and they're a right load of twats, so could well be.

Firebomb them then.

I do not endorse firebombs.

Butimagine all the beaurocracy burning. Jack Bauer: "People like you, complain that everything else is responsible for their problems, the governments too big, I've got no friends. Well, now you've got all the power."

BURN IT :hyper:

You know, in economic terms, there is a real and significant cost to all this. I mean, you might get your money in the end, but what about the time you spent? Is that not worth something? I know my time is extremely valuable, some people value their time so much they hire people to do paperwork for them as they can better spend their time doing other things.

Can you claim for compensation, or take them to court for negligence, because they've essentially 'killed' your time :(.

This post is such a load of shit. Sorry guys. :yes:
  • Options
    Just got an 'official' appology of RM, which is good i spose and pretty quick. Hey ho, life eh :)
  • Options
    Can you claim for compensation, or take them to court for negligence, because they've essentially 'killed' your time

I wouldn't do that. The 'compensation culture' in this country really annoys me.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Just got an 'official' appology of RM, which is good i spose and pretty quick. Hey ho, life eh :)
    did you check what address it go sent to?
  • Options
    What, the appology ? Sent here. Don't suppose we'll ever find out if the benefits letter was addressed correctly or not, or put through the wrong door. Chalk it up to experience.

On the brighter side, got a new Simpsons doorbell today, for free :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    What, the appology ? Sent here. Don't suppose we'll ever find out if the benefits letter was addressed correctly or not, or put through the wrong door. Chalk it up to experience.

On the brighter side, got a new Simpsons doorbell today, for free :)
    haha what's Homer's quote?
  • Options
    ' Answer the door, and put on some pants and make me a sandwich '

' Ding Dong, that's right I called you a ding dong '

' There's someone at the door with a free pizza. Well a guy can hope can't he ? '

' Someone's at the door, maybe this time you can sell them some magazines '

and my fave

'Oooooh a visitor. Maybe it's the door to door strangler ' :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    ' Answer the door, and put on some pants and make me a sandwich '

' Ding Dong, that's right I called you a ding dong '

' There's someone at the door with a free pizza. Well a guy can hope can't he ? '

' Someone's at the door, maybe this time you can sell them some magazines '

and my fave

'Oooooh a visitor. Maybe it's the door to door strangler ' :D

:lol: Chris would love that.
  • Options
    how did u get it for free?
  • Options
    Cordless doorbell was bought for me as a house warming prezzie. When we put the button on the door some git robbed it, so Leigh emailed the company about buying a replacement, and they sent him one for free :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    That sounds like a cock-up by the DSS not the Royal Mail, to be honest. A letter would only be returned by the occupier of an address, not by the postman, so either the letter was sent to the wrong address (in which case it would be put back in the post for a second attempt) or the DSS put the wrong address on the envelope.

Not necessarily. Someone sent my MIL something through the post only to have it returned to them stamped that the address does not exist. And yes, they did address it right. :yeees:
  • Options
    yeah i hate royal mail too, you can send a envelope to the other side of the country/world for pennies, and occasionally something goes wrong....

get a grip people, Royal Mail Rock! its great value for money.
  • Options
    Well it's happened again. I took my proof of residence in about 6 weeks weeks ago to get my claim started, and they sent me a letter on 6th November and it was sent back AGAIN ? So now i'm begging to wonder if it isn't Royal Mail but B'ham Benefits 'service'. They're either 1. Misaddressing the envelope or 2. Saying post has been returned to fuck me about and delay the claim. I don't get a great deal of post, but my letters from DWP, Post Office Acc. Bank Statements all come through ok.

BF had a right go at some supervisor at the benefit service yesterday called Adam, who point blank refused there was any kind of problem at their end.
  • Options
    I have just had trouble with Royal mail. I sent an application form of for work and it got returned. They opened it up so they saw it was an application form, but resent it back to me because I was fucking 2 pence short on the stamp! And if I want it resent I will be charged an extra pound.

Whats really fucked me off is that this was an application form for work and they it! I think they could have let me of 2 pence. Im going to write a complaint anyhow.
  • Options
    It must of cost them the same, if not more to return it to you rather than deliver it to where it was meant to be !
  • Options
    Why should they deliver something that you haven't paid for? You should have put the right stamp on the envelope.
  • Options
    Maybe that's what's happening to my letters, they're not putting enough postage on.
  • Options
    Nah, they use franking machines. They won't be sending them, or they'll have spelt the address wrong.
  • Options
    It's all very weird and very frustrating.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Why should they deliver something that you haven't paid for? You should have put the right stamp on the envelope.
    The letter was in an a5 envelope, its not like I sent a package. But considering the circumstances of opening MY letter and seeing it was an application form they could see it was something important that would see someone in work this year. For all of 2 pence as said before it would cost more to return the letter back to me.

If they didn't open my letter there wouldn't have been any of this. But as they did when there was no need to because I put my details on the back of the envelope.
  • Options
    It does sound like it's them rather than Royal Mail, if you're getting the rest of your post ok. I realise you've probably done it, but have you double checked the address they are sending it to?

HIT, if you went into McDs and ordered a meal and were 2p short would you expect them to give you it anyway? Probably not.

At least Royal Mail were good enough to return it to you rather than just bin it, so you know that it never got there. It will have been opened because if something is posted with insufficient funding it almost gets delivered and the person receiving it then gets the choice to pay to get it, or to send it back. The people you were applying to probably checked it wasn't anything they needed and then rejected it, so it was returned to you. It wasn't Royal Mail that opened it, it was the people you were applying to for a job.