Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ucas tariff calculator

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hi peeps

I'm hoping to go uni next year and I'm having troublewith the tariff calculator. It says you get 80 ucas points for a merit in btec award (ivcompleted business btec award, nowdoingthe certificate), and for the certificate,for example I get MM I would get 160. Now do I add both scores together to give me 240 points? or have they already been added together and the total I would get is 160? help would be very appreciated lol
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know anything about BTECs but the system for A Levels is you get say 60 points for an AS level (grade A) and then 120 points for an A level (grade A).

If you have AS Maths (grade A) and A Level Maths (grade A) you get the 120 for the A Level points, not 180.

In A levels the work you did for your AS also counts towards your A level, if that's the same for the BTEC award and certificate then I guess the points thing would be the same.