Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pectorals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've been going to the gym for about 5 months and yesterday for the first time looked in the mirror to see if there was any changes. I could see that i had put more weight on but i found one big problem. One pectoral is considerably bigger than the other, what can i do to sort this out.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry HIT will be along soon :)
  • Options
    Use the other hand for wanking!
  • Options
    Its only natural, try and get over it.... Although I never have.

I use hammer strength machines where both hands are separate. Abit like using dumbbell, but better.
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    I've been going to the gym for about 5 months and yesterday for the first time looked in the mirror to see if there was any changes. I could see that i had put more weight on but i found one big problem. One pectoral is considerably bigger than the other, what can i do to sort this out.
    you're probably letting one arm do more of the work than the other. Try focusing on sharing the weight with both arms when you do bench press. Otherwise you could try doing a freeweight bench press so that each arm has to lift the same amount.
  • Options
    you're probably letting one arm do more of the work than the other. Try focusing on sharing the weight with both arms when you do bench press. Otherwise you could try doing a freeweight bench press so that each arm has to lift the same amount.
    Its the barbell that causes the problem. Naturally one arm is stronger than the other, so one arm is doing more of the work.
  • Options
    Yeah, if you're using the "machines" with the fixed range motion, your stronger side will take most of the strain.

Try training 1 side of your body at a time so they are receiving individual resistance.