Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Robin Hood

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Surprised there isnt a thread on this, but what is everyones thoughts on the new Robin Hood.

Im still abit 50/50 about it, they seem to be going a bit away from the Robin Hood legend. Mainly due to the fact that there is no Friar Tuck and the way he met Little John (what happened to the fight at the bridge) and since when has Little John had his own gang?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Terrible, shit acting, shit storyline.
    film_buff wrote:
    Surprised there isnt a thread on this, but what is everyones thoughts on the new Robin Hood.

Im still abit 50/50 about it, they seem to be going a bit away from the Robin Hood legend. Mainly due to the fact that there is no Friar Tuck and the way he met Little John (what happened to the fight at the bridge) and since when has Little John had his own gang?
    I sort of half watched it the other week. Is it supposed to be more historically accurate or not? I know he's a fictional figure, but there is an actual historical person he was based on I think. It didn't look great tbh.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Terrible, shit acting, shit storyline.

That just reminded me about how bad the script is, to be fair the only thing i like is the fact its called Robin Hood.
    It is not even remotely historical, the real character Robin Hood is based on is every outlaw and criminal of the time, none of which were ever noblemen who suffered at the hands of an evil sherif, in truth the sherifs were never that bad.

As for the TV show...well, its Hollyoaks in medieval times with the cast wearing the latest range from the GAP. I mean come on, he is wearing a trendy hoodie all the time, hardly accurate, plus why is maid Marrion covered in makes and wearing orange? Finally...yes the acting is not good at all.
    just turned it on during the x-factor break to see them carrying the fakest looking ax ever, im starting to dislike it more and more. Robin handed some money over to some bloke to help pay the villagers taxes and "said dont tell them you got the money from me, i dont want them to know".
    Bullseye wrote:
    its Hollyoaks in medieval times

Haha, that's exactly what i thought. It's their intention though, mixing the old with the new in a poor attempt to engage the yoof of today. Pathetic.

Historical dramas only work when they present a believable representation of the time. Pity the BBC can't get to grips with that.
    i haven't bothered watching it....i guessed straight away it probably doesn't have much to do with the actual story line
    I did not even know there was a new robin hood.

Either way, nothing beats men in tights.
    Were their many Black many of African origin living in England in the days of Robin Hood? Because i saw Kwame Kwei-Armah from Casualty as the Sherif's Master at Arms. Not that historically accurate to me.
    Bring back The Doctor
    Bullseye wrote:
    Were their many Black many of African origin living in England in the days of Robin Hood? Because i saw Kwame Kwei-Armah from Casualty as the Sherif's Master at Arms. Not that historically accurate to me.
    I actually thought that when I watched last week. But then they wouldn't have spoke our language either so whadda ya gonna do? The only thing that really matters is whether it's a good, well written, well acted, well directed drama......which it isn't.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Kevin Cosnter did a better job and that has to say something.
    Weekender Offender 
    Morgan Freeman was good in that film...especially during the confrontation with the Witch at the end.