Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

US conversion size chart

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have looked but dont really know what im looking for.

Im trying to buy some clothes from US. I need to know wat size is equivalent to what in the UK

they start at 0-2
How small must that be! I've read in mags that Nicole Richie is a 0 so im guessing im NOWHERE near that lol

Any ideas, i'll keep looking but gettin irritated now :mad:

Comments

• Options
    their 0 is a uk 4 i think - dunno how their sizes work
  • Options
    US sizes are pretty random. I have US clothes in sizes from 00 to 6, and they all fit (I'm a UK 6/8). As a general rule, go down 4 for your US size, but it varies from shop to shop.

I would never buy anything from over there without either trying it on, or having actual measurements to compare to clothes that fit me well.

I'd also have a look out for a size guide at the place you are ordering. They're pretty helpful.
  • Options
    i always thought they were 2 sizes lower?

isnt a 0 a 4?

which means an 8 is a 12?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    i always thought they were 2 sizes lower?

isnt a 0 a 4?

which means an 8 is a 12?

I meant down 4 numbers, rathers than sizes, as some US brands have odd numbered sizing, so = confusion central!