Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Disney world usa. any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd recommend the 2 universal parks, studios and islands of adventre. They've both got some pretty cool rides...dont just stick with the disney experience :thumb:
  • Options
    your making me jealous :crying:

have a fantastic time :) xxx
  • Options
    2 weeks!! i dunno if i should be :hyper: or :nervous:
  • Options
    you should be so so so so excited!!! im counting down the days. let me know how you get on!!! we got a webcam link of universal studios and a count down !!!!
  • Options
    Mark sure you use the machines for fast passes if you have them , and dont start at midday , could be a nightmare, if you go seaworld , dont miss the main show with the killer whale , we did :( because my dad was been stubborn and wouldnt listen to me whic hwas the fastest way , it only goes on every 3 hours as far as i can remember, Have fun!! its great ^_^
  • Options
    Matteh wrote:
    Mark sure you use the machines for fast passes if you have them , and dont start at midday , could be a nightmare, if you go seaworld , dont miss the main show with the killer whale , we did :( because my dad was been stubborn and wouldnt listen to me whic hwas the fastest way , it only goes on every 3 hours as far as i can remember, Have fun!! its great ^_^

Shamu the Killer Whale is cool :D
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Shamu the Killer Whale is cool :D

I'm not convinced its worth the patriotic american blinkered eye bullshit you have to sit through before it starts though.

Having said that they might have discontinued the aren't we the greatest peopel in the world and we can go kill anyone we like especially muslim crap before hand now that the "war on terror" is going not so well.
  • Options
    anyone got any views on the all stars hotel? the sports one.

we might be able to upgrade. is it worth it???
  • Options
    saturday!!! :hyper:

i hate packing :impissed:
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    I'm not convinced its worth the patriotic american blinkered eye bullshit you have to sit through before it starts though.

Having said that they might have discontinued the aren't we the greatest peopel in the world and we can go kill anyone we like especially muslim crap before hand now that the "war on terror" is going not so well.

Never seen that before, went in '97 and 2000.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    saturday!!! :hyper:

i hate packing :impissed:

hey let me know how you get on........also what the weathers like i got a webcam for universal studios ........it look bad weather today! how long u going for!!! what hotel!!!
    i hope my hotel is ok.
  • Options
    hey let me know how you get on........also what the weathers like i got a webcam for universal studios ........it look bad weather today! how long u going for!!! what hotel!!!
    i hope my hotel is ok.
    i did a forecast earlier and it's going to be 24 degrees on saturday!!! Going for 2 weeks

I'm staying in a villa, its on this cul de sac and it looks like the street from edward scissor hands! Identical bungalows but all different pastel colours.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Never seen that before, went in '97 and 2000.

I think its a post 9/11 thing
  • Options
    i'm off in the morning :wave:

really nervous about the flight though
  • Options
    hiya,

im going to disney in jan for 2 weeks. mainly staying in disney but also going to sea world and a few other places. anyone got any advice for disney??

im getting a pal mickey when i get there (tour guide sort of thing) that should help for que times and pointing out good rides. :thumb:

anything i should buy before i go?? let me know cheers
    :yippe:
    Will you have a rental car? What hotel are you staying at?
  • Options
    Its been absolutely years since i last went (the tower of terror had only just been built!) but there are loads of places you need to visit! (That is, if they even still exist).
    Everyone does the parks but there are still quite a few places worth seeing that not everyone bothers with:
    Disney village/disney ..nightclub land?? - i cant remember the name of the night time thing but its like a little village full of bars and clubs that are all differently themed, like 60's /70's etc.
    Ripleys beleive it or not museum - Its not like a normal museum its full of things to mess around with and interesting illusions
    King henrys feast / buffalo bills wild night out - These are both themed nights out, its basically a meal (delicious!) and a show rolled into one. If you've never been to one before they are amazing!
  • Options
    'Pleasure Island' I think is the name you're looking for ^^
  • Options
    I'm back

I think icey means downtown disney??

Whoever it was is right about the shamu show....it's been changed and now it's all bullshit and mainly you're watching the fancy moving screens rather than whales. And they don't do much now. I'd just go once or twice to say you've done it, but it's not as good.
    Oh and they're into doing this salute thing now to the american army and their allies.

But personally i think seaworlds one of the best. And discovery cove over the road is fantastic. I swam with dolphins :) But there's like a big coral reef thing that you can snorkel in and it's full of tropical fish and rays and stuff. And a big warm pool too. It's expensive but worth it, everythings included.
  • Options
    hi,

a late reply to the above question...... yes i will have a hire car and were staying in all stars hotel (sports i think)

we want to go to downtown disney but also book arabian nights meal????
    that was on our holiday package. we want to go to hard rock cafe and planet hollywood too...... anyone know which is better or best do both of them??

33 days to go!!!

hey im glad you had a good time. where did you stay and what was the weather like?????:wave:
  • Options
    ITs got to be Grandpa Shamu now, I doubt he can do muchn anyways. He's probably dead and they just keep replacing him like a classroom pet.
  • Options
    we want to go to hard rock cafe and planet hollywood too...... anyone know which is better or best do both of them??
    Don't bother with either tbh. Its not as if they're exclusive to america and there are plenty of other nice restaurants to try that are.
    Try red lobster, wendys, popeyes (last two only fast food but its still nice!), or one of the theme nights as i mentioned before.
    imo hard rock cafe and planet hollywood, although they are nice and the food is pretty decent, its very over priced for what you get and its just the same as eating in the london (or anywhere else in the worlds') restaurants.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Don't bother with either tbh. Its not as if they're exclusive to america and there are plenty of other nice restaurants to try that are.
    Try red lobster, wendys, popeyes (last two only fast food but its still nice!), or one of the theme nights as i mentioned before.
    imo hard rock cafe and planet hollywood, although they are nice and the food is pretty decent, its very over priced for what you get and its just the same as eating in the london (or anywhere else in the worlds') restaurants.

WENDYS!! , ha we went there loads when i was there. Also the waffle place was amazing.

Double chocolate chip waffles with cream and chocolate sauce. its amazing haha! :D
  • Options
    Red lobster and Ihop? You people are disgusting :p
  • Options
    i just have never been to a hard rock cafe or planet hollywood before maybe its worth going just to see it?

anyone been to the arabian nights meal?? oh and was looking at the rainforst cafe but its expensive.
  • Options
    we were gonna go to the arabian nights meal but went to the pirates one instead. It was good. But kinda annoying as you have to cheer and stuff while you're trying to eat.
  • Options
    Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood are definately not worth bothering with unless you happen to be really hungry and standing next to one of them - think generic tacky overpriced crap food.

The red lobster on the other hand is great - I won't hear another word said against it.

And also go to celebration its really nice.

And don't eat at the cuban restaurant at downtown disney as its really crap - however I've heard the Dolly Parton evening out is an experience!
  • Options
    hope you enjoy yourself...... If u do go to international drive I suggest Friendlys burger place. The burgers in there are absolutly massive. They are that big that they have to stick an extra extra large toothpick style thing in it to hold it together.

I dont know if its still there but if it is, Its got a big red and white roof and I think its top notch.
  • Options
    can i come back with you? I want to go back to discovery cove! :hyper:
  • Options
    iv not read all of this thread so sorry if i repeat anything.

I worked at disney world in florida this past summer so know quite a bit if you wanna ask me any specific questions!!

go to guest services at each of the parks and tell them its your birthday. they'll give you a happy birthday badge (there's a different one for each park) and if they dont ask for one!!

When you wear the badge, alot of the Cast members willsay happy birthday etc.

If you book a restaurant tell them its your birthday when you book and when they arrive. I had my birthday out there and at the meal they gave me a birthday card signed by the Fab Five and a few other characters, and also a little birthday cake.

I recomment the liberty tree tavern in the magic kingdom. Its a character meal and costs about $30 but the food its good... its a buffet brought to your table with a couple of types of meat and vegetables and for desert apple pie and ice cream in a big dish and you help yourself! if you manage to finish off what you are given then you can ask for some more!!
  • Options
    I got back last week,
    it was magical!

i went to the rain forest cafe that was great really impressed, hardrock cafe and plant hollywood were overated but still good coz i havnt been there before.

well i wore my badge on my birthday and got loads of people saying happy birthday which made me smile! also my first visiters badge was great, before i got on the mono rail someone said " have a nice first visit" and oh that really made my day.
    also i had a big surprise on my birthday ( i had no idea at all) i was taken to cinderellas royal table and my boyfriend got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!!!!!! it was just after the fireworks finished and the ring came in a glass slipper engraved in our names and date on it. A wonderful day i will never forget.
    i must say .....everyone at the park were really helpful and nice.

i really enjoyed being a big kid! i meet cinderella and snow white! and loved universal and all the disney parks! oh and sea world!

LOVED IT! didnt want to come home.
    :heart: