Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Alcomate - No Hangover!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just came across http://www.alcomate.co.uk/faq.html for the first time, it really is the first time ive ever heard of such a drug that gets rid of your hang over!

Instead of paying £20.00 for it, is there a natural remidy for holland and barrats with the same ingrediants that does the same thing??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Natural hangover cure:

Ingredients:

2 large grapefruits
    1 lemon
    1 cucumber
    Ice cubes
    Sparkling Mineral water

- Peel the grapefruits and lemon, leaving much of the pith on.
    - Juice the grapfruits, lemon and cucumber.
    - Put ice into jug, pour the mixture over
    - Top up with sparkling mineral water

We've made this the afternoon before we go out and leave it in the fridge til the next morning. Although it's not a miracle cure it does the trick for us!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Prevention is better than cure - you can't beat a couple pints of water after you've stopped drinking.
    Weekender Offender 
    Sticking to clear spirits is effective as well, just as long as you dont neck huge amounts of it.

But basically put, the more poison you put into yourself the worse its going to be.
    Skive wrote:
    Prevention is better than cure - you can't beat a couple pints of water after you've stopped drinking.
    I do this if I can remember and a couple of pain killers.
    Skive wrote:

I often try this but I find it hard to force the water down after a heavy sesh. I can usually manage one pint and can't drink anymore at all.
    They have one of those "all natural" anti hangover things here too, its called Chaser. Ed's friend tried it once. He said it most likely worked becasue first, the directions tell you to take 2 with 8 oz of water for every 3 drinks... as skive says, thats going to help in itself
    He also said that they make you so thirsty all you want is to drink water and the alcohol is barely appealing anymore.
    I used to get a cunt of a hangover everytime I drank. Then I discovered water and havn't had a bad hangover in years. It works for me.
    Weekender Offender 
    works for me also but i find i crave milk instead though after a big sesh, but that does the trick just as well!
    Yep, milk does wonders.
    Paracetamol and alcohol dont mix, that would make you feel worse
    I'm the Messiah!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I'm the Messiah!

Ooooo what's the double rollover lottery numbers gonna be tonight then ?
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Ooooo what's the double rollover lottery numbers gonna be tonight then ?
    then I'd have to share my winnings!
    Apparently, the water doesn't actually get absorbed into your body until the alcohol has been degraded. So if you allow two or three hours after your last drink, then drink a couple of pints of water, the dehydration will be greatly reduced. Even if it means setting your alarm for the middle of the night, it's probably worth it for an easy morning!
    Apparently, the water doesn't actually get absorbed into your body until the alcohol has been degraded. So if you allow two or three hours after your last drink, then drink a couple of pints of water, the dehydration will be greatly reduced. Even if it means setting your alarm for the middle of the night, it's probably worth it for an easy morning!

After drinking I find I wake to piss every hour or so anyway. I have drink of water everytime.
    Weekender Offender