Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Co-Proxamol, hope it's safe...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I usually research my highs quite well, but tonight, in a bout of unhappiness I just cross referenced all the medicine we have with erowid, and decided to take some co-proxamol tablets. Apparently it's an opiate. Have I done a stupid thing or should it work nicely?

Cheers,

Lawton.

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If taking large amounts, beware not to OD on paracetomol.

You could always seperate the two though. I have used cocodomol when I had some. It is quite a nice feeling!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You hope its safe??? Its the opposite.

Co-proxamol is slowly being withdrawn because of the dangers of serious damage/death when taken in excess.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Indeed, you can read more about its withdrawl from usage on the Department of Health website.

It is a bit of an ass about way of taking drugs, swallowing it then finding out if it is going to do you irreparable harm...

And there is no such thing as a safe drug, they all have their risks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Paracetamol is hepatoxic 4grams (4000mg) or over is definately bad for you.
    Even smaller doses can cause damage, watch it. And don't drink any alcohol at all. It's a stupid idea what you've done.

Go look CWE (Cold water extraction) if you're that desperate, but still not really anything exciting about it.

The next step up (DHC) Dihydrocodeine 30mg tablets can be good if you take a few and contain no paracetamol or anything that will harm your insides. They constipate you though and are addictive.

Read up more about opiates and stuff before doing them... some people don't know where to stop it's a potentially slipper slope for SOME individuals. Know yourself.