Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guys= losing your virginity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just started uni and im getting a lot of offers to get laid but i think id rather wait untill im with someone i care about, is this being stupid and girly or is it a normal feeling to have, i dont want to miss an oppurtunity but i dont want to regret it at the end of the day is a drunken one night stand any different from a wank? anyone gone through the same decision?

p.s. ive never had a gf im not really worried i think i could if i wanted just not too confident + havent met anyone that special yet (last question i promise is it stupid to be too picky?)

Comments

• Options
    I dont think its stupid to wait. I mean, if people are giving you shit about it, just think, at the end of the day that you can say you lost it with someone you cared about.

I always think its better for people to lose it with someone they care about, as you need that emotional support afterwards with that special someone.
  • Options
    I had offers at uni but waited til i was actually with a girl. And im glad i did.
  • Options
    If you want to wait then you should wait, if you don't give two hoots then go ahead and sleep around.

I wasn't too fussed about waiting but the girl I lost it to I ended up marrying. I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere.
  • Options
    I lost it to my first g/f back in the days. I think it's the best thing, because there aren't any awkward times with performance issues. If you are a virgin and you get a real cat in the sack, a premature ejaculation could be something you are losing your face to.

Not that I say, it really does, but if she's some kind of bitch and tells around... well.

It's your decision, actually I am not a "waiting" guy. It's an opportunity to get experience, it's somewhat like passing a lesson (or passing some std's so be protected).

just go ahead and do as you feel, don't get biased about what some interbutt-weirdos say.
  • Options
    Just do that you want to do. If you feel comfortable with losing with someone your not in a relationship with then do it, if not, dont.
  • Options
    /
  • Options
    my boyfriend lost his to some girl because he felt he ought to. not sensible in my opinion, because he then didn't sleep with anyone else for two years (until we started going out) because it really put him off. it should be totally your choice :yes: don't just do it because you feel pressured.
  • Options
    it should be totally your choice :yes: don't just do it because you feel pressured.
    absolutely.
  • Options
    you always remember the first time so wait till your ready or with someone you care about.A lot to saisd about having sex with someone you actually like. Then from there its like a tub of pringles...once you pop you cant stop!
  • Options
    Then from there its like a tub of pringles...once you pop you cant stop!

True. And if you're in a couple, it makes getting laid the second, third, fourth time much, much easier.

Plus, if it doesn't go brilliantly, if you're in a strong couple you can work through it. While a string of bad one-night-stands will likely make the situation worse.

And no, there's nothing wrong with being picky. Just so long as you're giving each girl a proper chance, rather than writing them off for the first superficial thing that doesn't fit your dream girl.
  • Options
    if deep down you want to wait then i'd wait. doesn't have to be till you're in a relationship; just till you meet the right person.

mine was neither. i just waited till it was someone who it felt right with - i didn't want to be with them or anything.
  • Options
    a