Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past few years waking up at a decent time has always been a struggle for me (but hey it is for everyone right)?

Anyway, recently I've actually been going to bed at v decent times when I haven't had to be up the next morning, and i'm still only waking up naturally after 10hours (or maybe a little more) sleep! : x

Sometimes I wake up at like 8 but can't actually bring myself to get up (obv I can when there's an alarm going off and I have to be up but I feel like shit). I read some random thing about it saying you need roughly 8 hours sleep, and oversleep can possibly be linked to diabetes or thyroid problems.. some family members have thyroid probs and my dad was diabetic so naturally it got me thinking :p

I also have trouble concentrating in lectures for the full time, and tend to phase out really easily sometimes even if i'm talking to people so i'm only half listening, it's hard to explain... just not taking stuff in really. (doesnt happen that much just on occasion).

didn't actually plan for this post to be so long, I would book a doctors appointment but I'd feel a bit like I was wasting their time just saying "I think i need too much sleep" :/ So thought i'd ask on here :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes too much sleep can be a sign of thyroid problems. Your DR will run some tests.
    I'm in a smiliar situation as well. I can sleep well from 10 until 6.30/6.45 and still feel really tired. Felt like the same this morning as well - went to bed at 11 (was struggling to keep awake around 10.30) worke up at 7.50 and felt really tired.
    i sleep for 11-12 hours a night if i'm not woken by an alarm clock. i was in bed by 12 last night and didn't wake up until 11 this morning. if i have less than 8 hours sleep i fall asleep in the day
    kangoo wrote:
    i sleep for 11-12 hours a night if i'm not woken by an alarm clock. i was in bed by 12 last night and didn't wake up until 11 this morning. if i have less than 8 hours sleep i fall asleep in the day

yep similar... I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen, think I'll book a docs appointment next week just for peace of mind =d