Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do you believe in Karma ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you believe in Karma ? :)

"What goes around comes around"

Thing is Im having a really shitty time at the minute, after leaving uni I still havent managed to find a job, along with a shed load of other family problems. Now I do believe in Karma, and I believe the reason for this must have been I have done something bad in the past. My mind has been in overdrive trying to think what I may have done thats so bad.

Would be good to hear other peoples opinons on this, Im not sure if this is really the case.

So is Karma just a load of bollocks or worth understanding in your opinon ? :thumb:

Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No I believe it's airy fairy shite that's suddenly became quite popular in modern culture all thanks to that show My Name is Earl.
    On the contrary, I'm actually quite a firm believer in karma. It isn't a bad way to go about your life, treat people how you'd like be treated and what not. Where's the harm in it?
    I dont believe in Karma. But i do believe that if your a complete arsehole alot of the time, then your going to get payback at some point. Nothing to do with 'karma' in my opinion, purely because people are more likely to be a jerk back if you've been a jerk to them in the past.

I do however, love my name is earl :D
    Yes and no.
    I believe if you treat someone badly then it will come back to get you.
    but thats about it
    Don't know what my name is earl is, but I'd like to think karma exists.

I know when bad shit happens to me I probably deserve it. And I hope the fuckers that deserve it get some bad shit!
    Most of that shit is all true but you can't say that there's some really nice people out there that have done nothing but good in their lives and are living on the street. Shit like that makes me not believe it.
    no its bollocks. Life is just unfair.
    no its bollocks. Life is just unfair.

Indeed...

Life is a bitch, cos if it was a slut it would be easy...
    Karma is often misinterpreted and overused as a term. As a friend of mine once stated, it's not a mysterious slipper that's going to fly out of the sky and spank you for being a bad person. It's the concept that in general, you are responsible for your own actions and happiness.

It can help you in your day to day living, to think things through fully, and shouldn't be used as a tool in looking forward to the mysterious revenge on anyone who has wronged you. If you are thinking ill thoughts towards a person in hoping that 'karma' will come around to get them, it's actually bad karma to yourself as you're the one hoping for bad things to happen to another.
    I definitely, definitely think that what goes around, comes around.

I have seen "karma" - by most people's definition - in full [and often quite hilarious] effect a few times now.
    briggi wrote:
    I definitely, definitely think that what goes around, comes around.

Oh man, I don't know what I did as a baby then, because fucking hell I have been paying big time those last 20 years... Seems to be better now, so maybe the good is going to stay... Hourray!!
    no. There is no such thing as Karma (in my opinion). Good things happen to both good and bad people alike.

People shouldn't be living their lives in a good manner because they hope to be repaid later on down the line by some cosmic Santa Claus. People should live their lives well because it is the right thing to do. Being a person of strong moral character means sticking to your guns even when the chips are down because you know that it's what you should do. And people who do that deserve the respect and help from their fellow man.
    Most of the time it's just the way things go.

Whether I'm a good person or not has not a lot to do with whether I get cancer or whether I bump into Miss World on the tube tomorrow.

It's nice to be nice, so that'll do for me.
    Yes I do. Everytime I leave 2 squares of toilet paper on the roll, it is always I who ends up running to the bathroom in a bladder squeezing rush only to finish and realize that Ed did not, in fact, use that bathroom next and replace the roll before me. Followed by that ackward waddle to the closet with your pants around your ankles hoping there will be another roll in there. Had I only been considerate and replaced that roll the time before that bad karma would not have come back to me to wipe me in the ass.