Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why the hell...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...would anyone download stuff legally? Fuck me, I've just finished my first ever legal download off iTunes (free, but legal). What an effort. Anyway, I eventually manage to get my new tune, then find out I can't even play the bastard thing. It isn't compatible with my phone (though it is compatible with realplayer, which my phone has, so I don't know) and it doesn't player on Windows Media Player. This is exactly why I don't buy anything with copyright protection on. I don't want to share it illegally or anything, I'd just like the novelty of actually being able to listen to it on something other than shitty PC speakers. Okay, rant over. Back to CD's and Limewire, I guess. It's the music companies' loss.

Anyone else hate copyright protection? Is that a stupid question?

Comments

• Options
    I like how 'anti piracy' infomercials are put on legitimately bought DVDs.

Seems a bit arse backwards. :yes:
  • Options
    Anyone else hate copyright protection? Is that a stupid question?

Ahem, downloading legal music exclusively makes you immune to their legal action. It's analogous to school bully, you either give him your lunch money willingly or he hits you then takes the money anway!

There should be something like a downloading licence (in same way as TV licence) were money is given directly to the artists.