Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alton Towers - Complaining

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone complained about a situation at Alton Towers (or any theme park) before?

I've just sent a complaint email to them, because even though it was a great day out, me and one friend discovered after riding the Spinball Wizard (It's a long story how we found out) that we hadn't been fully secured - to a point that we could wiggle and move our harness and we could actually see a gap between it and our bodies.

Thing is, are they just going to reply to me with some crap about how all their rides are safe and totally secure? (The damn structure for Spainball Wizard was SHAKING in some places - big iron poles shaking does nothing for my confidence in a ride) We aren't after any compensation (although if offered, anything to 'pacify' us would be gratefully recieved) but I don't want them to totally disregard it. We didn't feel secure on the ride, and when we found out after it wasn't just our nerves it shook us a bit for the rest of the day.

Have you ever complaned about a theme park? If so, did they just dismiss you?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I've complained to Alton Towers before, and they sent me four free tickets for a day there which had special VIP queue jumping privileges.

:lol:! Oh god don't get my hopes up! We're students, we got half price tickets and were still bankrupt at the end of the day, anything free would go down well with my mates!

All we really want is recognision (If i've spelt that wrong I'm sorry, I'm too tired to spell) that we weren't safely secured on the ride, to a point where my mate grabbed onto me to feel more secure.

(And I had a moan that River Rapids opened TWENTY MINUTES before the rides all shut and that there was no water on Ripsaw as well. Thought I might as well go all out if i was going to be a moaner)
  • Options
  • Options
    Meh. Like I said, we'd take a gesture of goodwill. I realised after I'd sent it though that they'd send me some prewritten speech about their dedication to health and Safety etc, and the high quality of their staff but thought I'd check anyway. Never mind :D
  • Options
  • Options
    If they offer you these free tickets, would they ask for you to prove that you were there on that day?