Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Emotional retirement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When a person has to support other people through a difficult period, and it takes a lot out on that person, but at the end things seem to start to go ok, but just then something else terrible happens and its the whole period again, and the person is told 'stay here and look after [xxx]' but the person is just too tired these days. I'm not an amazing person, I wish I was, who was always there when people needed me, but I'm tired now. 8 deaths in the family in a few years, I cant take it anymore, why cant everyone look out for themselves now?

All I really want to do is go have a sleep, but in 15 minutes I know I'll be back to doling out comfort and support. Please, forgive me for being so selfish, but I'm sorry I just am so tired of it now.

Comments

• Options
    I don't really know your situation, so I can't really offer any practical advice. But I just wanted to say, don't feel bad about feeling how you do. Hell, I bet even Mother Teresa had times when she felt like you do now.
  • Options