Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Broadband question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently moved into a new flat. I had wanted to get one of telewest's deals with phone/net/tv etc but it turns out that when I checked their website they don't serve my address. This is despite them serving more or less the rest of my street and even the flat next door (I checked)! Why is this?

Also, can anyone recommend any other good options? I preferably want high speed with either unlimited usage, or else a fairly high usage limit.

Comments

• Options
    Ring them - sometimes the website lies!
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Addict wrote:
    Recently moved into a new flat. I had wanted to get one of telewest's deals with phone/net/tv etc but it turns out that when I checked their website they don't serve my address. This is despite them serving more or less the rest of my street and even the flat next door (I checked)! Why is this?

Also, can anyone recommend any other good options? I preferably want high speed with either unlimited usage, or else a fairly high usage limit.

The website must be displaying it wrong. Just ring them and tell them your address their shouldn't be no problem. They do some good package deals to at not a bad price.
  • Options
    I rang them and they said they serve the building but not my flat. Apparently it's quite normal. He said they could arrange for a technician to visit and see what needs done but it could take up to a few weeks. I'm not really bothered waiting for them but I gave my address to their technical deptartment anyway.

Think I'll look elsewhere in the meantime. Sky seem to do quite good deals on adding broadband to your current tv package. I'd need a BT line installed too though...