Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

rate your hair items

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Similar to the make-up thread, what things do you use on your hair and how would you rate them out of 10?

I personally dont stick with a shampoo for too long, im trying to use up all my half empty bottles. Today i used dove 2in1 and i would give it 8/10

I also use schwarzkopf gliss hair repair. I give it 9/10

scwarzkopf serum - 8/10

Shock waves- eazy endz- 8/10. Its really good when ive just applied it but wears off quickly and its quite expensive when it doesnt last long.

Comments

• Options
    Out of the stuff thats currently in the shower:

john frieda's brown shampoo and conditioner - 9

garnier long and strong shampoo and conditioner - 9

garnier sleek and shiny shampoo and conditioner- 8

head and shoulders citrius - 9

netrogena anti residue - 10

neutrogena 3 minute maske - 10

dove clean shampoo + conditioner (i use this when in a hurry in the morning) 7

(I switch up my shampoos and conditioners alot and use h&S and anti residue both once a week)

some hair gel by trememme - 7 it works like any other cheap hair gel and thats all i need

redkin antisnap - 7, mostly because I like the smell, i really don't see a differenc ethough.

frizz ease hair serum - 1 I accidently used aleo vera gel and it did a better job. I've used it a couple times just to use it up but mostly it sits on the shelf.
  • Options
    I've just bought marc collin's "60 Second Success" but the instructions say leave on for 4 minutes. But it is a good product and was really cheap (99p in Savers for a large tube). It is a deep conditioning mask type of thing.
  • Options
    I generally use whatever we have in the bathroom; though one of the many nicknames I have had in my lifetime was "Timotei" as I was a huge advocate of it for years and years. It seems to work well with my hair.

For a special treat I might buy Aveda stuff as it is truly miraculous, but it's rare I can afford to shell out a tenner on a bottle of hair gunk.

I don't use any product other than shampoo and conditioner though, it either frazzles my hair or makes it look like oily spaghetti. I've always fancied the shine serum/sprays, too, so it's a pain :grump:
  • Options
    I have probably tried most shampoos and conditioners the best combination i have found is..

Head and shoulders shampoo, with Sunsilk (Brunette, for me) conditioner, They work really well together, and leave your hair really soft and shiny. 10/10
  • Options
    tigi bed head control freak shampoo which i give a 9/10. i have really kinky stubborn hair; it works well.

i'm also using a shampoo called 'straight sexy hair' which i give an 8/10. a bit lower because my hair can be a teeeeny bit greasy with it the next day.

regis design line get it pressed flat iron spray. i give this an 8/10, dunno why.

tigi s factor seriously straight straightener. not right impressed to be honest so it gets a 6.5/10
  • Options
    tigi bed head control freak shampoo which i give a 9/10. i have really kinky stubborn hair; it works well.

i'm also using a shampoo called 'straight sexy hair' which i give an 8/10. a bit lower because my hair can be a teeeeny bit greasy with it the next day.

regis design line get it pressed flat iron spray. i give this an 8/10, dunno why.

tigi s factor seriously straight straightener. not right impressed to be honest so it gets a 6.5/10

expensive taste!! This tigi shampoo stuff, what does it actually do that others dont? I have annoying kinky hair at the front and hate having to keep straightening it, do u reckon that shampoo could help me?

Oh and does it smell nice :flirt: thats an important factor with shampoo! (to me, anyway)
  • Options
    I change just about all the time but Timotei (sp) has alwasy stuck in my mind as being very good.
  • Options
    comb 8/10

does the job quite ok.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    comb 8/10

does the job quite ok.

I'LL be the judge of that :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'LL be the judge of that :p

*whispers to briggi* Look, strubble doesn't use shampoo, look at that greaseball, hehehe
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    *whispers to briggi* Look, strubble doesn't use shampoo, look at that greaseball, hehehe

hey I DO!

I got a MAN'S SHAMPOO, not a flowery, with rainbow, strawberry, herbs and bollocks. Just good ol' hair drying alcohol :D

my last was Guhl Beer 7/10 (smelled gud)
    Now I use Nivea for Lumberjacks and Pirates.

My hair is pretty bristly, so it doesn't matter what special abilities the shampoo has, it just has to degrease, smell nice and don't make it strawy.

I was at the barber today tho (yay for aunt=barber=not paying for anything), and she combed it. It looks weird.
  • Options
    Clippers - 10/10
    Hands - 10/10

Other than that, I use whatever shampoo smells nice and is cheap. Using Superdrug aloe-vera unscented stuff at the moment - it's really nice :).
  • Options
    i use redken soft shampoo and redken soft conditioner -pricey but i have my hair highlighted so i need to keep it healthy. i stopped using expensive shampoo/conditioner for a few months and used normal tresemme or sunsilk etc and my hair went crap!

i use a mixture of tigi hair products when styling including a leave in conditioner, serum, vitamin spray etc
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    hey I DO!

I got a MAN'S SHAMPOO, not a flowery, with rainbow, strawberry, herbs and bollocks. Just good ol' hair drying alcohol :D

my last was Guhl Beer 7/10 (smelled gud)
    Now I use Nivea for Lumberjacks and Pirates.

My hair is pretty bristly, so it doesn't matter what special abilities the shampoo has, it just has to degrease, smell nice and don't make it strawy.

your so amusing :D
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I just use what ever is available in my bathroom.

My most important product on my hair is VO5 Rework fibre putty and i style it with my hands :D

other than that i don't care what i use
  • Options
    I wash and condition with Toni and Guy. I'd give it 7/10 - it smells lovely but doesn't really 'clean' my hair.
    I also use Frizzease Smooth Start shampoo which was recently discontinued much to my absolutely horror - so I bought 4 bottles from Asda, at a whopping TWO PENCE per bottle haha. (9/10 for frizzease).
    I then use Toni and Guy heat protection spray - smells delish - 10/10.
  • Options
    2p per bottle what a bargain :thumb:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    expensive taste!! This tigi shampoo stuff, what does it actually do that others dont? I have annoying kinky hair at the front and hate having to keep straightening it, do u reckon that shampoo could help me?

Oh and does it smell nice :flirt: thats an important factor with shampoo! (to me, anyway)

as lipsy says its worth it. my bed head control freak shampoo was £7.20 and it's lasted me for aggggges. smells a bit like an alcopop which at first was a bit worrying! my hair straightening protection stuff was about £12 but i straighten my hair so much so i try to look after it.
  • Options
    I use Clairol Herbal Essences/Rainforest thingies because the conditioner is thick enough to have any effect on my hair. My hair is so thick that most conditioners don't go through it. I'd give it a 9/10 because it smells great, cleans my hair and makes it shiny and stuff. It's usually BOGOF in Tesco as well. The only downside is that I need 2 bottles of conditioner to every bottle of shampoo, which is either really good value shampoo wise, or bad economy conditioner wise!
  • Options
    Shampoo/ Conditioner: Currently John Frieda Brilliant Blone 8/10, I prefer Aussie which I give 10/10 to for the smell!!

Hairspray- Bedhead by Tigi Masterpiece, also 10/10

Serum- John Frieda Secret Agent 9/10

Other: John Frieda volume spray, 7/10
  • Options
    I thought aussie was SHITE!

No good smelling of roses if you're gonna be covered in pricks
    Hmmm, that was totally irrelevant :lol:
  • Options
    shampoo - head and shoulder - i cant rate them tbh because i just use it and it works lol i only have to do this to my hair every 5 days due to it not gettin dirty quickly anyway :D

conditioner - honestly - whichever one is on offer, at the moment i am using dove, it smells nice but would like one that makes my hair shinier so may try some that youve suggested

moouse (sp!?) - fructus - its ok lol never tried anythin else - it does the job

protection - tresemme - this is supposed to be really good, easy to apply, cheap big bottle

defrizz - tresemme (sp) antifrizz stuff - this smells of alcohol at first but it does the trick for me lol

i also have a huge collection on redken smooth down stuff wich is really expensive so i save it for spacial occasions!

so basically - whichever is the cheapest!
  • Options
    I love herberal essences rainforest - smells lovely, makes my hair feel really clean and soft.

Also use Lorieal colour protect.

I don't use any other hair products.
  • Options
    I have loads of different shampoos and conditioners
    I like the rainforests herbal essences one too, I also like the coconut one from Lush (its a solid bar) and their american cream conditoner :heart:
    I like the palmolive milk and honey conditioner too.
    I have the Tresemme intensive conditioner in a round tub for occasional use. Its really good and completely brought my hair back from the dead once when it was totally fucked and all else failed.
    I cant use the same hair products all the time as they stop working really quickly, so i rotate them.
    For heat protection spray i use Gum hot stuff, and thats really not bad either. I like the smell
  • Options
    Mach 3 Razor 10/10 :D
  • Options
    mach 3 turbo is even better. 11/10
  • Options
    This morning i used schwarzkopf gliss hair repair shampoo, and i rate it 9/10 because it was lovely, but im sure theres probably something better out there.
  • Options
    I use loads of different shampoos but at the moment I use Original source Lime and Guarana (9/10). I used to use a lush bar but it doesnt work all that well when I have my hair highlighted (9/10 whnI coudl use it though) I use lorel colour protection conditioner about once a week and it does the trick 8/10. I also uas frizz-ease and charles worthingtpn straining spray when I use my strainers and there both 7/10, they do the job but they realy irritate my scalp.
  • Options
    I use Clairol Herbal Essences/Rainforest thingies because the conditioner is thick enough to have any effect on my hair. My hair is so thick that most conditioners don't go through it. I'd give it a 9/10 because it smells great, cleans my hair and makes it shiny and stuff. It's usually BOGOF in Tesco as well. The only downside is that I need 2 bottles of conditioner to every bottle of shampoo, which is either really good value shampoo wise, or bad economy conditioner wise!

I use herbal essences too, and it's exactly the same. I've condsidered buying two bottles of conditioner for every bottle of shampoo. It's good stuff though, 9/10.

I also use a purple shampoo called daddy-o from lush. It smells like parma violets and makes my blonde hair really soft and shiny and not yellow! 9/10 only as it's a bit expensive.. but a little bottle does seem to last as I only use it occasionally.

At the moment using schwartzkopf total repair spray on leave in conditioner, which is BOGOF in superdrug. It's good - makes my hair soooo soft. 9/10.

I use lee stafford heat protection spray. It's quite expensive but smells yummy.. but not yummy enough to justify the price tag, so only 8/10. It does do the job.

And I use some random wax from superdrugs own range on my hair. It's really thick so only need a little bit on the ends and to smooth out the fly away bits. I give it 9/10 :D
  • Options
    I havent yet found a shampoo and conditioner that i love and i try different ones.
    I do love Fudge Dynamite conditioning treatment - it smells lovely, leaves my hair softer and straighter and it lasts ages :)
    and i do NOT rate at all the John Frieda colour glaze - after hearing such good things about the shampoos, i thought i'd try the colour glaze. I tried the brunette one and it does absolutely nothing! worse than every day conditioner or any other conditioning treatment and did nothing for my colour. it is now sitting un-used in the bathroom.