Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Personal Statement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have to write my Personal Statement. By tomorrow. Not the final version, but a kind of version to give to my tutor. I'm currently ill, and dreading the prospect of having to ring up work to tell them I can't come in tonight, my head hurts, and meh. I don't really know what to write as it is. I know exactly why I want to do the course, but "I chose to apply for English and Creative Writing because I love books, and I love to write" is not a very good personal statement, really. I'm also TERRIBLE at bigging myself up.

Help appreciated >.<.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote:
    I have to write my Personal Statement. By tomorrow. Not the final version, but a kind of version to give to my tutor. I'm currently ill, and dreading the prospect of having to ring up work to tell them I can't come in tonight, my head hurts, and meh. I don't really know what to write as it is. I know exactly why I want to do the course, but "I chose to apply for English and Creative Writing because I love books, and I love to write" is not a very good personal statement, really. I'm also TERRIBLE at bigging myself up.

Help appreciated >.<.

hmm well it's quite a while since I did mine but I did apply for English and Philosophy first time round. I would say it's important you put across your love of books, but be more specific, say some favourite genres or authors.