Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Parts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've always had the blunt obvious part when I have my hair down. (rare) Whether it be on the side, middle, slanted, no matter what style, but I want to get out of that by I have not the slightest idea how to go about doing it.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ask your hairdresser to cut your hair from the middle of your crown, rather than parting from front to back and then cutting it. Essentially, this means you 'lose' your parting, thus creating more oomph. This doesn't mean you have to have a retro or 'bowl-cut' haircut, obviously, you can lose or keep as much parting as you want, if you follow. For example, you don't have to have it as drastic as say this, but perhaps something more along the lines of this or this. They're poor examples, but after searching for an hour that's the best I could find. :(

ETA: Obviously it will also depend on how much of a fringe you have/want, and the overall style to want to acheive etc, but just to give you a rough idea..