Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wisdom teeth

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wisdom teeth are the last to show, but are also among the first you'll have trouble with. It's not a rule, but it can happen quite often. Unfair, yes, but the best thig to do about it is go to your dentist, have him maake a small incision on the tip of your gum so that they come out easier and after a while have them taken out. It sounds like a stupid idea which to take out your teeth voluntarily but eventually you might have to do it.

I had mine taken out voluntarily before they started casuing me problems. I remember how much they hurt coming through as well.
  • Options
    I had mine taken out voluntarily before they started casuing me problems. I remember how much they hurt coming through as well.

Same here, though they didn't hurt coming thru. I just remember going to the dentist and he told me they were showing... (they were visible in x-rays for about 6 years but far enough under the gums that they weren't even close to touching the other teeth but they didn't move one bit in those 6 years)

Oh, 2 of your wisdom teeth are finally coming thru
    Really? Ok
    They are coming in nicely, but you should get them taken in the next year just in case
    All of them?
    Yeah
    Ok

No pain with them, but talk about painful complication city once I had them removed :\
  • Options
    URGH. I'm in agony :(

The gums around this tooth has really swollen up and keeps bleeding.

Its stopping me from sleeping and everything.

You can get some mouthwash from boots and other chemist that your rinse with and it makes your whole mouth numb.

It's made by 3M and very green - can't remember the name though - quite expensive £7 for a bottle at boots but I've found boots charge more then a lot of places.

If you rinse with that it should numb the pain. Just go to chemist and tell them what you want it to do.
  • Options
    Corsydol, mouthwash or gel, is really good for it. As is brushing them, even though it may hurt.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Mine have been coming through again, inch by inch.

Ouch.

WOW how big are your gums! :p

Also when they show remember to always brush them properly. Wisdom teeth are easily forgotten and can decay easily.
  • Options
    Even before they are fully through you need to make sure your brushing that area well, its often stuff irritating the raw gum that causes the pain and brushing well will help reduce this.

Tip: If you can't manage with a normal toothbrush try a kiddies one with a small head!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Might not be good medical advice but I dug the gum off the top off my second molars (which I thought were wisdom teeth at the time, but apparenty not) with a cupmus, I think.
  • Options
    I have a flap of skin over both my bottom wisdom teeth, it's been like that for about 2 years and they've still not gone! They dont hurt or anything but can get anoying when bits of food get trapped under them :rolleyes: my dentist has never had a problem witht hem being there he just said make sure you brush them properly to stap decay and that. But when my wisdom teeth were coming through they hurt like hell! I ended up chewing on pen lids to help get rid of the skin over them! But if you can try and get to an emergency dentist and see what they say if there causing alot of problems!
  • Options
    Can someone please tell me whether my wisdom teeth are coming through or if it's nothing?

Yesterday, I kept getting tooth ache. For some reason, one minute it would be in the bottom right of my jaw and the next it would be in the top left or something. Had it again today.

Also, sometimes the pain will just come & go.