Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Holloways

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone know/like them?

Their album comes on on 30th October, and they're supporting Babyshambles on The Frog Tour... I like them but no-one I know has ever heard of them!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    the only reason ive heard of them is because im going to that tour! not heard anything by them but im hoping i'll be impressed!
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    the only reason ive heard of them is because im going to that tour! not heard anything by them but im hoping i'll be impressed!

Check out their website and their MySpace to listen to some of their tunes. They're about to release 'Generator' which I think is mint, the video is on MTV2! Two Left Feet is good too... but you could also try and download London Town, Happiness & Penniless, Most Lonely Face, Fuck Ups, Diamonds & Pearls... I'm really impressed by them.

Downloaded some of The Noisettes too to check them out before the tour but I wasn't so impressed.

ETA - Where are you going to the tour? I'm going to Leeds, can't wait!
  • Options
    Leeds baby!! I actually CANNOT wait! will check out the myspace thingy!
  • Options
    I think they're ok. Nothing amazing really but i can see the potential.
    If they can come up with one good song then i could see them being massive, very artic monkeys like..

I downloaded their album the other day, otherwise i would never have heard of them...shh
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I think they're ok. Nothing amazing really but i can see the potential.
    If they can come up with one good song then i could see them being massive, very artic monkeys like..

I downloaded their album the other day, otherwise i would never have heard of them...shh

They're a hundred times better than Arctic Monkeys. Talking of them, their new single is SHITE.

Generator by The Holloways is spot-on.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    Leeds baby!! I actually CANNOT wait! will check out the myspace thingy!

I'll keep en eye out for you! I'll be the one crying her eyes out when Pete sings Albion... it's drunken tradition. ;)
  • Options
    What a fucking mint gig. :D