Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Volunteering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have any idea where is a good place to look for volunteer work. I live in the london area and want to get out and meet new people. I am quite shy and find it difficult to meet people when pubbing or clubbing and thought that something like volunteering maybe the way forward.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are you good at? What do you like doing?
    My main interest are reading, music, the environment history and culture. I work in I.T but would ideally like to try something different
    Most Nature reserves are desperate for volunteers, you'll be surprised how many there are that you never knew about. Local museum guide? Scouting/Guiding? Check out local churches, they often have projects and you don't need to be a member of the church to muck in.
    Blagsta wrote:
    ^^^ what he said :yes:
    www.btcv.org and www.vitalise.org.uk [formely Winged Fellowship Trust].

Best two volunteering experiences I have had; if you're interested in residential volunteering at all. You can also volunteer for them in a non-residential capacity I believe, depending on your location :) BTCV is concerned with the environment and conservation projects, so you way well find their site worth a look!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Blagsta wrote:

Of course :yes:

You may also find some of the links in this article helpful :)
    briggi wrote:
    www.btcv.org and www.vitalise.org.uk [formely Winged Fellowship Trust].

Best two volunteering experiences I have had; if you're interested in residential volunteering at all. You can also volunteer for them in a non-residential capacity I believe, depending on your location :) BTCV is concerned with the environment and conservation projects, so you way well find their site worth a look!
    I've been to the then Winged Fellowship Trust and had a really good time. Where did you go? I went to Netley Waterside House and to the one in Essex.